Sign in to follow this  
Guest 56th_Angel_Dust

Captain Sim 727 Pro

Guest wavn

On the Microsoft ESP side http://www.microsoft.com/esp/partners/esp_...r_solutions.htm I saw this text:----------------------------------------------Partners | ESP Partner SolutionsCaptain Sim C-130: delivers a complete collection of 18 the most popular C-130 variants. The most advanced, complete and accurate C-130 ever built for PC. The '757 Captain' (Airliner series): 757-200, 757-300, 757 Freighter variants. Unparalleled visual quality and realism. ----------------------------------------------"I want my Captain Sim F-104 for FSX and I will continue to whine until I get my Captain Sim F-104 for FSX. "Had it too; was for me the far most difficult plane to land; far more difficult then the (also realistic, I always heard Cloud9 F104).Always wondered of these fightdynamics of the CS104 were correct: when flaring, you got upwards or, with a few les power hard downwards... :mad: :smile: Willem

I also have the CS 757. Had no end of problems with it until I removed the 4.4 version of FSUIPC and replaced it with the older 4.3 version (as suggested by someone on the Simviation forum).Now everything functions correctly including inputting info into the CDU/FMC.THe only issues I have now are the poor nav data and the poor framerates compared to all other aircraft in FSX.I also changed the sound set - preferred one of the freeware sound sets available here on AVSIM.Other than that it's a super piece of kit now it's working!Their "support" however is virtually non-existant.AdamTrafficPilot

On the Microsoft ESP side http://www.microsoft.com/esp/partners/esp_...r_solutions.htm I saw this text:----------------------------------------------Partners | ESP Partner SolutionsCaptain Sim C-130: delivers a complete collection of 18 the most popular C-130 variants. The most advanced, complete and accurate C-130 ever built for PC. The '757 Captain' (Airliner series): 757-200, 757-300, 757 Freighter variants. Unparalleled visual quality and realism. ----------------------------------------------"I want my Captain Sim F-104 for FSX and I will continue to whine until I get my Captain Sim F-104 for FSX. "Had it too; was for me the far most difficult plane to land; far more difficult then the (also realistic, I always heard Cloud9 F104).Always wondered of these fightdynamics of the CS104 were correct: when flaring, you got upwards or, with a few les power hard downwards... :( :( Willem

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I didn't know this was a problem, I can select DEP/APP's in the FMC and add them without any problem. If I remember correctly, it doesn't fill in some of the speed/alt restrictions but that might be because I updated the SID/STARS from planepath and don't know how compatible it is. Hopefully Navigraph will be coming out with support for it. It would also be nice if it would autotune the ILS frequency. Mine is pretty hard on the FPS, about the same as the PMDG747, but I just load up a saved display setting that I created for FPS demanding aircraft and it's pretty smooth.
Yes, you can load the DEP or ARR ok, but if you change the flightplan in any way there's a 90% chance you will CTD. When you fly online you are given crossing restrictions, different runways, etc.. This almost always results in a CTD.Just FYI, it doesn't matter if you update from Planepath, the FMC will crash FSX either with the default nav data or with updated info.As someone pointed out, the 727 doesn't have an FMC, so maybe it's fine. I just wouldn't trust CS until I've heard from a bunch of people that the plane doesn't have any "show stopping" bugs.

Guest PPSFA
Yes, you can load the DEP or ARR ok, but if you change the flightplan in any way there's a 90% chance you will CTD. When you fly online you are given crossing restrictions, different runways, etc.. This almost always results in a CTD.Just FYI, it doesn't matter if you update from Planepath, the FMC will crash FSX either with the default nav data or with updated info.As someone pointed out, the 727 doesn't have an FMC, so maybe it's fine. I just wouldn't trust CS until I've heard from a bunch of people that the plane doesn't have any "show stopping" bugs.
I change alts and speeds all the time in the 757 FMC and have NEVER had a CTD inthe plane, for any reason.

I change alts and speeds all the time in the 757 FMC and have NEVER had a CTD inthe plane, for any reason.
Mostly likely you import your flight plan or manually enter all the waypoints.

Guest PPSFA
Mostly likely you import your flight plan or manually enter all the waypoints.
I import the plan from FS, then modify it manually, including deleting waypoints, modifying alt's and speeds, and selecting dept/arr runways. Others who I fly with also import it from FSBuild and don't have any problem.

I import the plan from FS, then modify it manually, including deleting waypoints, modifying alt's and speeds, and selecting dept/arr runways. Others who I fly with also import it from FSBuild and don't have any problem.
Yes, exactly. The problem is, if you want to input the flight plan the way a real pilot would using the DEP/ARR page, then if you change anything enroute, the sim will crash. This isn't as big of a deal for people who fly offline, but if you're online, you will receive changes and restrictions just like real ATC would give you and end up crashing FSX when trying to make those changes. So the idea that the plane is PRO in its current state is a bit of a joke.

Guest PPSFA
Yes, exactly. The problem is, if you want to input the flight plan the way a real pilot would using the DEP/ARR page, then if you change anything enroute, the sim will crash. This isn't as big of a deal for people who fly offline, but if you're online, you will receive changes and restrictions just like real ATC would give you and end up crashing FSX when trying to make those changes. So the idea that the plane is PRO in its current state is a bit of a joke.
Actually a 'real world' crew would load the 'canned' company route then make any needed changes. much like loading from FS now. You might want to check your installation if you are having CTD problems, no one else I fly with has any in this plane, and we fly iy a lot.