Sign in to follow this  
Guest serhanjackson

Best Regional Jetliner Add-on

Guest serhanjackson

Hello everyone. Just wondering what is the best regional airliner add-on for fs9? I fly with PMDG 737 mostly. Sometimes PMDG 747 but It's pretty big for small airports. I want to fly with something smaller but fully equipped with FMC, VC, Weather Radar etc... is there any suggestions? How about ATR 72? Are there any pilot mate who expert in ATR? cheers

Hello everyone. Just wondering what is the best regional airliner add-on for fs9? I fly with PMDG 737 mostly. Sometimes PMDG 747 but It's pretty big for small airports. I want to fly with something smaller but fully equipped with FMC, VC, Weather Radar etc... is there any suggestions? How about ATR 72? Are there any pilot mate who expert in ATR? cheers
Flight1's ATR is excellent, as is Wilco's E-Jet series. I've really enjoyed both... Be aware that both have a steep learning curve.DJ

If you are looking for a turbo prop, Flight1's ATR72 is the choice. Very good add on.If it also can be a small jet: Flight1/DA Fokker 70/100. Easily on par with PMDG/LevelD and fun to fly.Seeing that you live in the UK: Like the ATR72, the Fokker 70 is certified to land at EGLC.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

maybe a little too small but the aeroworx king air B200 is very nice also.Atr is a very good plane, HOWEVER very technical, as mentioned above, a steep learning curve.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest serhanjackson
If you are looking for a turbo prop, Flight1's ATR72 is the choice. Very good add on.If it also can be a small jet: Flight1/DA Fokker 70/100. Easily on par with PMDG/LevelD and fun to fly.Seeing that you live in the UK: Like the ATR72, the Fokker 70 is certified to land at EGLC.
Thanks a lot dear Egbert Drenth... That's right. I live in London. Mostly, I like to fly from EGKK to Channel Islands (EGJJ, EGJB). It's much more fun. I'll try F1 ATR 72-500. Thanks mate...
maybe a little too small but the aeroworx king air B200 is very nice also.Atr is a very good plane, HOWEVER very technical, as mentioned above, a steep learning curve.
Thnx mate for the reply. Actually, I was watching videos for B200 on youtube. but I could not understand this thing has got FMC? Yeah, It's small but It's a cute and pretty version of ATR 72 right? :)) Thanks a lot everyone for the advises.
Flight1's ATR is excellent, as is Wilco's E-Jet series. I've really enjoyed both... Be aware that both have a steep learning curve.DJ
Dear "Ubersu" I'll try F1 Atr. I tried Wilco E-jets - ERJ & CRJ but I didn't like them. E-jets are ok but I couldn't manage the FMC part. CRJ was not realistic. I'm watching ATR Videos on youtube and I think ATR is the best choice for me. but PMDG is Number one. isn;t it?thanx 4 reply mate.

Sorry i missed the part about the fmc, no the king air dont have fmc just gps. Sorry bout that.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest serhanjackson
Sorry i missed the part about the fmc, no the king air dont have fmc just gps. Sorry bout that.
Ok. so there is no FMC. Then How I'm suppose to fly while maintaining in reality. Vor 2 Vor navigation procedures? Honestly, I dont like the FS9 GPS...

Guest cuizinier

I totally agree with previous post recommending the F1 ATR. It is very nice. But I found it hard to fly solo and I would advice you to consider buying FS2crew with it. It really help during the first minutes of flight. Be also aware that the FMC's VNAV cannot be coupled with the AP (maybe because of the lack of autothrottles ?).cheersJulien

Guest serhanjackson
I totally agree with previous post recommending the F1 ATR. It is very nice. But I found it hard to fly solo and I would advice you to consider buying FS2crew with it. It really help during the first minutes of flight. Be also aware that the FMC's VNAV cannot be coupled with the AP (maybe because of the lack of autothrottles ?).cheersJulien
Thnx Julien. to be honest with you, I don't know anything about FS2crew? what is for? does it read check list or handle the some parts of flying?

Ya not all airplanes in real life have fmc's, pilots fly using vor's ndb's etc. you can still fly airways using vor's.the gps in it is not the default fs9 gps its a little diffrent although still a GPS. I fly this bird using radio's. fly the approaches using my radio's no computer system to do it for me :)From what I can gather from your post though you would be happier with the ATR. Check this site out.www.fs2crew.com

Guest cuizinier
Thnx Julien. to be honest with you, I don't know anything about FS2crew? what is for? does it read check list or handle the some parts of flying?
beside the website www.fs2crew.com, you can download a flowchart for the ATR in the avsim file library, it will help you understanding what it does (search for fs2crew_atr_flow_a4.zip)cheersJulien

I'd vote for Digital Aviation Fokker 70 and 100.If you are the PMDG/Level-D type of simmer and like precise procedures, you will love it.One of the best addons ever, IMHO.Best regards,Rafal

Guest Tingoose

Just adding my vote for the Flight1 ATR. Digital Aviation's Fokker 70/100, also a beautiful addon. Bear in mind that the latter has, as yet, no VC, but one has been promised.