Sign in to follow this  
flacs

HELP eith instalation

I just bought the Deluxe version of FS10. I had previously the standard version. I had uninstalled the previous version. Nevertheless when Im trying to install the Deluxe version a message pops up saying (in simple words) that" cant upgrade the standard version. You should unistalled it first". I ALREADY DID IT. I dont know if there is a hidden file or something thats bodering.Please any help wanted.Thanks and regards, Jose.

I just bought the Deluxe version of FS10. I had previously the standard version. I had uninstalled the previous version. Nevertheless when Im trying to install the Deluxe version a message pops up saying (in simple words) that" cant upgrade the standard version. You should unistalled it first". I ALREADY DID IT. I dont know if there is a hidden file or something thats bodering.Please any help wanted.Thanks and regards, Jose.
Dig up a registry cleaner - maybe "RegHeal" :- http://www.fixregistry.com/ and run it. Uninstalling the old version has left some entries in the registry - the new version sees those entries and assumes the old one is still there. I purchased this one, but there are freebees on the web.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest firehawk44
Dig up a registry cleaner - maybe "RegHeal" :- http://www.fixregistry.com/ and run it. Uninstalling the old version has left some entries in the registry - the new version sees those entries and assumes the old one is still there. I purchased this one, but there are freebees on the web.
Also go into your files and make sure FSX.cfg directory is deleted and the FSX main folder has been deleted. Microsoft does a lousy job uninstalling this program.Jim

Also go into your files and make sure FSX.cfg directory is deleted and the FSX main folder has been deleted. Microsoft does a lousy job uninstalling this program.Jim
Thanks Jim: Where am I suposed to find this FSX.cfg file. How can I have access to it?. (As you may see im not an expert en comp.)Many thanks, Jose.

Use the search function on your computer to find "FSX". Include hidden files and folders. You will need to do an advanced search. The files you want are in a "Hidden Folder". You will want to know how to find that folder after you re install FSX. But for now , delete any FSX thing that comes up. I use free Glarys Utilities. It has a great registry cleaner. Do you use XP or Vista?Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Use the search function on your computer to find "FSX". Include hidden files and folders. You will need to do an advanced search. The files you want are in a "Hidden Folder". You will want to know how to find that folder after you re install FSX. But for now , delete any FSX thing that comes up. I use free Glarys Utilities. It has a great registry cleaner. Do you use XP or Vista?BobBOB: I use XP. Thanks, Jose.

JoseOpen "My Computer".Select "Tools".Select"Folder Options". Select "view". Under "Advanced Settings" select "Show hidden files and folders". Select "Apply" then "OK". Open the drive where you installed FSX, C: is the default. Open "Documents and Settings". Open the folder that has the name of your computer on it. Open "Application Data", then "Microsoft". Delete the "FSX" Folder.Download the free version of "Glary Utilites" or CCleaner ( you can Google them). Either will get rid of any FSX registry entries.Good luck.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.