Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

Daisuke FA-18

Just wondering, which downloads do I have to install for the FA-18 Super Hornet by Daisuke, I have the upgrade 1 + 2 and the Final Upgrade package from AVSIM! Is the final upgrade package the fully upgraded one or do I just use Daisuke's Super Hornet the original with Upgrades 1 + 2 or do I have to just install the "final upgrade" package which includes the aircraft? Is this all I have to do or what?Please reply, if this is the wrong place to post it please tell me where I can post queries like this :( Thanks Nandan,"Final Upgrade" file name =fa18e_sh41Original Super Hornet =fa18e_shOriginal upgrade 1 =fa18ev22Original upgrade 2 =fa18e231

Often you can use the Zip Dive function to look at what is in any file, prior to downloading. You should be able then to view the readme.txt file which should have details regarding what you may or may may not need to have.Hope that helps.

Thanks for helping, anyways, I have downloaded everything, all the files and checked the readme, but the upgrade 2 seems better than he final upgrade, but I am not too sure which one to use, after installing the upgrades it shows "coming soon" stuff on Flight Sim and once I have installed the final upgrade it has them, not too sure. The original has smoke effect that the Final version doesn't have and not sure if this is correct, is the Final Upgrade pack the complete final or is it a newer version of the original completely redone? Are they completely new packages and different or what? :( Please help, I need it. Man i'm comfused, haha :(

I am confused also - so welcome to the club!!Try comparing the dates they were posted at Avsim - that might provide a clue.

HAHA, :( confusion, nice one, anyways,on the readme of the Final Version it says "HORNET (update completed)" at the top and the date is May 2005, I think, and the upgrade 2 has 2004.... otherwise what's the point of having the Original and Upgrades 1+2 on the websites, haha :( .Many repaints for the original and I wanna know if they will work with the final upgrade?Thanks mate for helping, cheers

HAHA, :( confusion, nice one, anyways,on the readme of the Final Version it says "HORNET (update completed)" at the top and the date is May 2005, I think, and the upgrade 2 has 2004.... otherwise what's the point of having the Original and Upgrades 1+2 on the websites, haha :( .Many repaints for the original and I wanna know if they will work with the final upgrade?Thanks mate for helping, cheers
You will never know for sure until you try a couple - but upgrades usually deal with flight dynamics etc and do not often alter the shape of the model which would affect how the "repaints" display. At least that has been my experience.Let us know what you discover.

Yep sure will, i've been editing alot and trying to figure out what the readme's are trying to say, download those and check em out yourselves, they are kinda hard to understand, talking about the "advanced setup" readme.