Sign in to follow this  
Lincolnshire Poacher

Eaglesoft CitationII

I already have the Wilco Citation x and I must say I am disappointed with it.I am now looking at buying The Eaglesoft Citation II, has anyone any experiance of this plane, is it a good buy?Gweebarra

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE - Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache - Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151 - 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz - NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE - 1TB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW) - CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES - CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 High Performance Liquid Cooler

Guest PPSFA
I already have the Wilco Citation x and I must say I am disappointed with it.I am now looking at buying The Eaglesoft Citation II, has anyone any experiance of this plane, is it a good buy?Gweebarra
I had both, I now only have the ES version, if that helps.

I have it, GB, and think it's a good buy, but it depends upon what you want from an aircraft. For example; it's a typical small charter jet, so I run pax from KDEN - KASE (Aspen) in bad weather. This is a dangerous approach, and was the site of a fatal accident a few years back, involving a similar aircraft, 18 pax and weather. http://www.avweb.com/news/airman/184931-1.html and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avjet_Aspen_Crash and a video..
With Aerosoft's Aspen II, X-Pax and ASA one can create a remarkably realistic and tense situation. It's a good, fairly modern cockpit, certified for single-pilot operation, with an exceptionally well-done nav suite that lends itself to planned vor-vor low-level, one-hour flights such as the one I described. The aircraft is trouble-free, no vices, and the documentation is very, very well done, with great support from the Eaglesoft team. :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest PPSFA
Sorry I mis-read this, I thought you were comparing X to X, not CJII. I have all of them, but for different purposes. I use the CJ1 and CJII for medium altitude, short hops, and the X for high altitude, high speed, long range trips. All ES planes are great, it just depends on what you like. Flight 1's new Citation Mustang is also a good plane, it compares to the CJ1, but has the G1000 panel.

Have to agree the EG CII it is a very nice aircraft.It is supposed to come with widescreen 2D panels, but these were seemingly left out of the current build.It has been reported on their support forums and an update should be forthcoming (don't know when though, still waiting).:)

I am very interested in the Eaglesoft Beechjet 400A/Hawker 400XP, but I am reluctant to part with my cash without knowing just how well it flies (and by this, I mean how well it takes off and lands). I have a big problem with the default jets in FSX. The Learjet 45 seems to leap off the runway and start climbing like a fighter jet as soon as I pull back the joystick even slightly. In fact, all of the jets seem to require a huge push down with the joystick after take off, simply to keep them climbing at a steady rate.In short, I would like to be able to fly a small jet that takes off gracefully, that I can fly around at low speeds admiring the scenery, and then descend gracefully without pushing and pulling the joystick all over the place.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Citation II Widescreen Panel Update with fresh avionics is testing and will be included soon.Beechjet\Hawker Package, like ALL of our aircraft, has Flight Dynamics by Rob Young of Real Air. That should give you a clue as to how it flies. Many real world Beechjet Pilots swear it's extremely realistic. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I have the Eaglesoft CII and really like it. Also, for those who may be interested I run it on Vista 64 with no problems. The organization I fly for has one and while I do not fly the CII I do get ferried in it from time to time observation from the "back" and the "feel" form a passengers viewpoint I think it is a pretty good rendition of the aircraft. The only change I would like is to have the Sandel attitude(efis) indicator in place instead of what is there now. Dave

Beechjet\Hawker Package, like ALL of our aircraft, has Flight Dynamics by Rob Young of Real Air. That should give you a clue as to how it flies. Many real world Beechjet Pilots swear it's extremely realistic.
It isn't so much the realism of the flight model that I'm bothered about, although that is undoubtedly a bonus. It's whether I am personally comfortable flying it. I'm not the best virtual pilot that you will ever converse with on a flightsim forum, so being able to fly planes without having to force the joystick around is very important to me. Although I am sure that the Beechjet in FU3 was far from perfect as far as realism is concerned, it was a joy to fly at low speeds. The latter part is of the utmost importance to me. I am not interested in cruising at 500 knots at altitudes of over 30,000 feet. I want to be able to fly a nice, small executive jet "low and slow". There is nothing wrong with doing this in a Cessna 172, but I like to enjoy other things at the same time, like thrust reversers when landing, the sound of jet engines in flight, the more complex panel, and the "feel" of something a bit heavier than a Cessna (but not too heavy). The Beechjet 400A looks really good, and is very small, even by executive jet standards. However, it is a fair bit heavier and faster than a Cessna!You might think that I would be better off using something else if all I want to do is low level VFR flying, but that really isn't the case. We all have different tastes and requirements where flight simulation is concerned. I am probably even further off the beaten track than most, but that doesn't make my tastes any less valid. It just means that they are slightly more difficult to satisfy!Since you are no doubt familiar with the flight models of many FSX planes, perhaps you could let me know what you think of the default jets (particularly the Learjet 45 and CRJ-700)? Are they pretty good, or are they light years away from a product like the Eaglesoft Beechjet 400A?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Real world pilots seem to love our Flight Dynamics. Suggest purchasing so you know for yourself.Note: We have 30 Day Refund policy so there is no risk. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ron,Ah, so I could get a refund if I can't get to grips with the plane? Obviously, I sincerely hope that I can, because it's a lovely little jet.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ron,Ah, so I could get a refund if I can't get to grips with the plane? Obviously, I sincerely hope that I can, because it's a lovely little jet.
All of our products use the Flight One eccommerce wrapper system and our 30 Day Refund Policy applies to each. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest PPSFA

If you want 'low and slow', any of the 'straight wing' Cessna jets work well. My personal favorite is the CJ1 from ES. I have thousands of hours in it and rarely fly above 15k, and usually below 10k. With its slow landing speeds I can get in and out of strips that for a swept wing would be a real challange.

The only change I would like is to have the Sandel attitude(efis) indicator in place instead of what is there now. Dave
Then you will be pleased with the updated v1.5, which will be totally free to existing customers, btw! In addition to new widescreen panel support, it features a Sandel 4550 EADI on the pilot's side, dual Sandel SA3308b ESHI (w/integrated map display), a new set of Collins RTU4200 radios to replace the antique Collins Integrated Radio, and a GNS500 to provide GPSS navigation support. Also, the virtual cockpit is cleaner, sharper and has much better backlighting. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I will look forward to it. The CII is a great aircraft. Dave