Sign in to follow this  
Lincolnshire Poacher

Eaglesoft CitationII

I bought it a while back....and at first I regretted the purchase.But after having it it's one of my favorite aircraft! It provides a complete package (V.C. and all). I think it's realistic.The only thing I have against it is that it's really old (since it's essentially a port from FS9 with some FSX effects) and the internal texture don't look as sharp as a newer addon. But it's truly a fun aircraft to fly (and easy!!!)And kudos to Eaglesoft for not abandoning their older products!!!I think for right now if you want the flashiness of an FSX-specific jet I would go with the Flight 1 Mustang (I don't have it but it looks really nice). One thing I forgot to mention is that the FPS don't really get affected by the CJII package and that is definitely a plus!!! (especially flying out of KTEB)

The only thing I have against it is that it's really old (since it's essentially a port from FS9 with some FSX effects) and the internal texture don't look as sharp as a newer addon. But it's truly a fun aircraft to fly (and easy!!!)
Say what? :( The FSX version of the CII is a complete model built entirely using the FSX export tools. All you need to do is check the ..\Model folder and look in the model.cfg file:[models]normal=Citation_IIinterior=Citation_II_interiorFS9 models are are only a single model file instead of being split into two separate exterior and interior model files... Also, the use of DDS files and the presence of a texture.cfg file in each livery folder is a dead give away to a true-blue, one-hundred percent pure FSX model! :(Regardless, I'm delighted that you grew to like it! The CII and CJ1 have been two of my favorite projects; the CII is a 1985 aircraft that's had some significant avionics upgrades, and the CJ1 is a 1998 model with a nice, easy to use avionics suite. Both are single pilot certified and just a whole lot of fun to fly.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If you want 'low and slow', any of the 'straight wing' Cessna jets work well. My personal favorite is the CJ1 from ES. I have thousands of hours in it and rarely fly above 15k, and usually below 10k. With its slow landing speeds I can get in and out of strips that for a swept wing would be a real challange
Thanks for the information, PPFSA. How does the landing speed of the 400A compare with the CJ1? How much stick input does the CJ1 require during take off? By that, I mean can I get it to climb steadily without joystick input if I reduce the power slightly without it crashing into the runway or pitching up way too far)?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest PPSFA
Thanks for the information, PPFSA. How does the landing speed of the 400A compare with the CJ1? How much stick input does the CJ1 require during take off? By that, I mean can I get it to climb steadily without joystick input if I reduce the power slightly without it crashing into the runway or pitching up way too far)?
I have the 400 but to be honest I dont fly it much anymore so I cant really give you an answer on that. My guess, and its only a guess, is that the 400 is 20-30 kts faster on landing. As far as stick forces on the CJ, or any other plane, I'm not sure I understand your question. If you have the trim set correctly on any plane, the stick forces are minimal.

But after having it it's one of my favorite aircraft! It provides a complete package (V.C. and all). I think it's realistic.....(since it's essentially a port from FS9 with some FSX effects) and the internal texture don't look as sharp as a newer addon. But it's truly a fun aircraft to fly (and easy!!!)And kudos to Eaglesoft for not abandoning their older products!!!
To eliminate confusion and misinformation let me state that our FSX Corporate Jets are complete groundup rebuilds to FSX/SP2/DX10 Compliant StandardThis is clearly stated on our website. An assumption that they are "portovers" is an error on your part.We would appreciate accuracy rather than assumptions on this matter. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

have the 400 but to be honest I dont fly it much anymore so I cant really give you an answer on that. My guess, and its only a guess, is that the 400 is 20-30 kts faster on landing. As far as stick forces on the CJ, or any other plane, I'm not sure I understand your question. If you have the trim set correctly on any plane, the stick forces are minimal.
Hmm, maybe this is something that I have failed to think about. I had assumed that planes would be automatically trimmed for take off when placed at the start of the active runway, but maybe that isn't the case? Where do I find the proper trim settings, and how do I correct them? The best solution for a flightsim n00b like me would be an option to automatically trim the plane as circumstances change (without actually using a full blown autopilot).I can sense a "read the ****ing manual" response heading my way :(

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Where do I find the proper trim settings, and how do I correct them?
IN general, I've found trim setting of somewhere between +4 to +7 to be about right. Each aircraft is different, so if you don't like to read manuals, then a lot of takeoffs will be required to find the sweet spot...Almost all a/c have a trim control somewhere on the 2d panel (or one of the popups), and if there's a VC a trim wheel that you can use. Personally, I have the left rocker on my CH Yoke programmed to serve as an "electric trim control" so I can use my left thumb to adust the trim... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Eaglesoft planes are decent (flight models, exterior models, sounds), but their VC's aren't really up to snuff in the looks department, at least in the Citations and Beechjet. That's probably why some mistake them for FS9 ports.On the other hand, the lack of polygons do produce nice frame rates.

IN general, I've found trim setting of somewhere between +4 to +7 to be about right. Each aircraft is different, so if you don't like to read manuals, then a lot of takeoffs will be required to find the sweet spot...Almost all a/c have a trim control somewhere on the 2d panel (or one of the popups), and if there's a VC a trim wheel that you can use.
Thanks, n4gix. I'll be experimenting with the trim settings over the weekend.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Christopher, please feel free to drop over to our forums and see what the real Beechjet pilots have to say about that plane whether low and slow or up in the flight levels.They also seem to appreciate our work in both 2D and VC :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest PPSFA
Thanks, n4gix. I'll be experimenting with the trim settings over the weekend.
Chris, most planes have a trim indicator, some dont. Trim is used to relieve stick forces and depends on your speed. The easy way to trim is to takeoff and set your climb to the speed you want, then use the trim to relieve the stick pressure until you can take your hands off the controls and the plane maintains that speed. As your speed changes, you will also need to change the trim, just do the same thing to relieve the stick forces.If you are in a plane that does have a trim indicator, set it to the 'green' mark and you will be close, but you will still have to make fine adjustments.