Sign in to follow this  
Guest kelvind80

Problem with the EHAM REDFA1A arrival onto ILS RW18R

Guest kelvind80

Hi there,As you can see by the images below, I have a problem :( and that is this: I start of at EGKK 08R to fly to EHAM 18R and I fly the route EGKK CLN5P CLN UL620 REDFA REDFA1A EHAM, so a short, basic route. I fly, it descends me down fine in autopilot, and I know the basics on how to fly this plane. However, when I arrive at EHAM, the route takes me to an ILS intercept point, but it's miles off from the Airport.Another strange thing is, the ILS frequency for RW18R is 109.50 (found this out from MSFS map, who's labeled the runway, 19R), yet the MD-11 autotune deciced to autotune 110.10 which is odd. I currently have AIRAC 0812, so one behind, I haven't had time to sort the update out yet. I haven't had time to try this flight out with other PMDG planes (737 or 747, all run on the same PMDG data). So any initial ideas? And has this been a problem before?Thanks,Kelvinmd111ap2.th.pngIn this screenshot above, you can just see the airport out the right hand side, but it's clearer in the image below. But this one illustrates the instruments, i.e. where the flight plan has taken me to.md112hw6.th.pngHere the airport is a lot clearer to see, same as image above but without the panel.

I think your problem is not the MD-11, but a scenery related problem.I assume you're using FS9, and in FS9 the old layout of EHAM is present. In FS9 the "Polderbaan" isn't there. When the "Polderbaan" became active, the runway locators have been renamed too. 19R became 18C, 19L stayed 19L and the "Polderbaan" became runway designator 18R.The old 19L (which is now 18L) has no ILS anymore, 18C has 109.5 and 18R has 110.1. So if you asign the 18R for landing, FS9 directs you to the current 18C I think, as FS9 doesn't know the excistence of the new runway 18R - 36LI hope this is the cause of your problem.

Just to add to Tino's good answer, the same navdata is used by 737/747/MD11.Navdata is current (as of that cycle) of real world navdata; however, MSFS (FSX and FS9) is obsolete by years.The workaround is to manually enter the MSFS freq/crs to use fly in the old world, or update the scenery to fly in the current world. The manual on the FMS includes how to change frequencies for an ILS.

Dan Downs KCRP

Cloud9 EHAM has the most recent runway layaout, but this is a payware scenery. It will work with AES if installed. If you would have your layouot up-to-date for free, there are several additions of the 18R-36L on the AVSIM libraries, or you update the Netherlands completely by installing the free NL2000 V3.All these sceneries will correct the ILS frequencies too.

Guest kelvind80

Ok thanks for your answers.But surely it's the actual whole airport scenery? If there was a runway name-change, from 19R to 18R, then surely it would stay in the same place; which leads me to believe it's a scenery error... (but I have reinstalled Flight Simulator and it still persists)!As the picture shows, the whole airport is an actual good five miles off, compared to where the route wants to take me, in order to try to intercept the ILS (regardless of the incorrect tuning).Many thanks,KelvinP.S. I have flown the 747-400 with this route as well, with the same trouble (so it's the AIRAC), but I don't understand why the whole airport/scenery is a good five miles off, as said above.

So if you asign the 18R for landing, FS9 directs you to the current 18C I think, as FS9 doesn't know the excistence of the new runway 18R - 36L
The Polderbaan (18R-36L) might be to the west from the 18C-36C. FS9 doesn't recognize the Polderbaan, but your AIRAC does. So your aircraft is being directed to a none excisting (at least in FS9 setup) runway by the FMC, therefore you're seeing the runway on your ND (which displays information from the Airac), but not in your sim which is only showing the installed scenery. In your second shot the white spot, just above your compas, is the location the Polderbaan is being under construction during the time MS was "building" the Amsterdam scenery.So to solve your problem, you have to install the Polderbaan into FS9, either with freeware from NL2000, or here at AVSIM, or the EHAM from Cloud9 which is payware.

Guest knarfage

I've heard that NL2000 is as good or better than Cloud9's EHAM and it's free. It's just a huge file, like 21gig's or something. So you better have the room. There's pics of the NL2000 on the forum somewhere.

Vatsim Cross the Pond last year had the option to depart Amsterdam. As KLM is one of the last 3 operators to operate Passenger MD-11's It's become a fairly frequent place for me to visit latley.Here's a video I made of Cross the pond with the NL2000 scenery. it is absolutley superb. In this case I still hadn't figured out my Anti-Aliasing settings so if you have them set up it can look even better! I highly reccomend NL2000, and the fact that it is free is nuts!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCAUlceMs9I...EA3&index=1Trent

Don't forget that NL2000 is a complete NL sceneryfile and not limited to EHAM and nearby region. That's why it's a whopping 21GB.