Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest evanxmcr

high speed touch and go's

so i am on fsx using an extra 300 s. i had seen in multiplayer people doing touch and go's at really high speeds and have been attemting it myself. although one time i managed to land briefly and take off again going 200mph but most times i attempt at speeds like this i crash. does anyone have any tips to make it go more smoothly?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would first worry if the tires could take a 200 knot rotational velocity. The only advice I have to give would be to make very small corrections with the controls. At higher speeds the amount of force the air applies to the control surfaces is quite a bit higher.

thanks ill be sure to try that, mabey come in from a farther aproach lower.and as for burning the tires off thats why i love simulations, no paying for new tires i would likely destroy on a daily basis ;)

The "secret" is practice. They've been doing it longer, don't expect success the first time.It is not really a touch and go, you don't stop flying and settle onto the runway. So you don't use landing descent rates.It is just a very low, high speed pass. Shallow descent, low descent rate, gentle on the controls.If you have damage detection turned on, you will likely break things even if you don't crash. So they are probably flying with no damage detection, maybe no crash detection at all.