Sign in to follow this  
BadKarmaPT

Validation issue?

AVG has been mentioned a couple of times as a problem. Interesting.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest SilverCircle
AVG has been mentioned a couple of times as a problem. Interesting.
Modern Anti virus software is becoming more and more a problem than a solution :) This is most likely caused by the fact that things are getting more and more complex, the number of potentially dangerous software "out there" is increasing daily and becoming more advanced with new and very diffcult to detect methods. Heuristic detection methods are often the only way to find a new virus or malware, but these methods are also much more prone to false alarms.Anti virus software must keep up with that development and this increases the potential for bugs and "false positives".I'am not using and "real time" anti virus protection for quite a long time - I use a on demand scanner (Avira) and that's all I need.And yes, AVG has a bad record for false positives and other major bugs. Out of the freely available kits, Avira and avast are probably the best.Alex