Sign in to follow this  
Guest JIMJAM

XPLANE

Guest JIMJAM

I really really really want to support ANYBODY thats trying to compete against MS.Twice I have bought X-plane and twice I have deleted it within a few hours.These so called "grreat" physics based flight models are terrible.With the exception of 1 or 2 the planes are laughable.I got suckered into the latest version because of the glowing graphics reviews and gigs and gigs of scenery.Its HORRIBLE. The autogen looks like a child emptied his toybox and just slung buildings around.I took off from my home airport of 25 years and was instantly lost.Huge industrial buildings next to houses next to repreating fuel tanks next to farms.At one time I said support X-plane so MS would at least have some competition.Now I say do not buy X-plane so they will step it up.They and alot of readers are starting to think this sim is actually good.The only real positive I keep reading is the performance.Well if thats the case, go back to FS9 or earlier.

I really really really want to support ANYBODY thats trying to compete against MS.Twice I have bought X-plane and twice I have deleted it within a few hours.These so called "grreat" physics based flight models are terrible.With the exception of 1 or 2 the planes are laughable.I got suckered into the latest version because of the glowing graphics reviews and gigs and gigs of scenery.Its HORRIBLE. The autogen looks like a child emptied his toybox and just slung buildings around.I took off from my home airport of 25 years and was instantly lost.Huge industrial buildings next to houses next to repreating fuel tanks next to farms.At one time I said support X-plane so MS would at least have some competition.Now I say do not buy X-plane so they will step it up.They and alot of readers are starting to think this sim is actually good.The only real positive I keep reading is the performance.Well if thats the case, go back to FS9 or earlier.
The problem as I said in the review is that the default aircraft are from versions as old as version 7, and as the sim is updated the flight modeling changes, so the default aircraft aren't up to snuff because they are flawed. When you get a decent aircraft, then you start to see flight modeling shine. The default aircraft, as stated in the review, are usually crappy because they are so old.

I really really really want to support ANYBODY thats trying to compete against MS.Twice I have bought X-plane and twice I have deleted it within a few hours.These so called "grreat" physics based flight models are terrible.
Thats just the problem. You need to invest more then just a few hours time into a sim that is very different from what you are used to now. Tweak the joystick settings, limit yourself to the 3-4 realy good new (X-Plane 9 standard) models. Fly the demo area and look on a dedicated forum/website ( www.x-plane.org ) for support and suggestions.Now with very little extra effort you can update you're home scenery with USA road (remember the old FS2004 add-on) like roads via XPOSM. Tileproxy like scenery with G2XPL or you can use any available commercial or freeware FS scenery using fs2xplane converter.X-Plane is full of possiblities it just depends on how you approach the software. But there's no hurry. If/when the FS slowly loses its userbase 5 years from now you can still make the switch.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest pilotex2

I really really really want to support ANYBODY thats trying to compete against MS.Just wondering, why is that?