Sign in to follow this  
JOR

Cross wind landing and rudder

Hello,I looked over the last 10 pages, couldn't see a topic about this:FS9.I made a (manual) cross wind landing yesterday at KATL and i had even full (left) rudder but nothing happend, only with the nose gear on the tarmac it worked again. With the 73NG no problems.Where am I going wrong?Gr,John

Check Auto rudder is not checked in the Realism TAB within FS9. Full Left or right rudder would likely flip the Aircraft onto it's back .Rob

Rob Prest

Check Auto rudder is not checked in the Realism TAB within FS9. Full Left or right rudder would likely flip the Aircraft onto it's back .Rob
That was the first thing I turned off when I installed FS9 ages ago :(

Do you see rudder deflection in air from spot position? The deflection should also be viewable with SD Config screen.

Dan Downs KCRP

Do you see rudder deflection in air from spot position? The deflection should also be viewable with SD Config screen.
Sorry for the late respons, but yes. The rudder also doen't work at the end of the TO roll.Reg,John

Sorry for the late respons, but yes. The rudder also doen't work at the end of the TO roll.Reg,John
Are you sure you have no rudder response at all? Remember, rudder effectiveness is significantly reduced at low speeds, however you should be able to see some change in direction.

Are you sure you have no rudder response at all? Remember, rudder effectiveness is significantly reduced at low speeds, however you should be able to see some change in direction.
It seems that when the speed increases I don't have any respons anymore. In the T/O roll with crosswind you can't keep it on the rwy. While taxi

It seems that when the speed increases I don't have any respons anymore. In the T/O roll with crosswind you can't keep it on the rwy. While taxi

If you can see rudder movement from the outside and inside (EICAS), and you're sure the pedals you're using are working perfectly with the NG, you might wanna try reinstalling the aircraft (747 or MD-11, whichever plane it is). Have you had successful flights before with no problems?
Hi,Using FS9 MD-11.I'm not using pedals, just the keyboard. I've had it with all the flight's so far.

Hey JOR you owe it to yourself to acquire rudder pedals as soon as possible, and when you do, you will wonder how you ever got along without them. The step-up in realism is HUGE, once you begin to use rudder pedals, and soon your rudder action will become second nature, partucularly in stormy weather landings as you battle crosswinds.

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

Full Left or right rudder would likely flip the Aircraft onto it's back .
No it doesn't, the MD-11 is not THAT unstable ;) You may use the full rudder deflection for de-crabbing, no problems there.Markus

Markus Burkhard

oops I thought he was talking about the 747 :)Rob

Rob Prest