Sign in to follow this  
JJJackson

747 Doors/Reverse throttle

HiFirst of all, I'm new to this so please don't be mad for my silly questions.I just bought the PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies (and also MD-11) for FSX. I have had my first flights and managed to program the FMC to make a SID start and a STAR autoland. But now I have two small issues.1.How do I handle the doors on the airplane? Yes I have opened the PMDG panel in FSX and programmed the keyboard shortcut keys for doors. Default is NUM 1-2-3 and so on but that only changed the camera view for me. So I redesigned one door button to T (not used for anything else) but no reaction when I pressed that key.2.After my first autoland I had problems to stop the airplane before the runway ended. I had set autobrakes to max, used airbrakes but still the aircraft didn't slow down fast enough. How do I arm/use the reverse throttle?Jack J Jacksona Swede in Spain AND newbie

Welcome to the forum.Better use a combination of SHIFT+ANYLETTER for the doors. I've kept T for TOGA.Thrust reversers are deployed with F2. Press it until your First Officer calls out "eighty knots" and then use manual braking.Anyway, your runway must be very short or your speed too high if you ar not able to stop with MAX autobrake. MAX autobrake has an enormous slowing capacity.

The aircraft are different. For example, doors can be controlled in the MD11 via the MS Shortcuts menu in the MCDU and for both aircraft via the pmdg keycommands setup. It is my experience (not a pmdg recommendation) that I get best results with keycommands when I delete the default MSFS assignment for a key before I assign it to pmdg. If you are using Vista then you get into that can of worms dealing with adminstrator rights to modify files.. different topic.Regarding the landing... here it helps to know which aircraft. Both have working autobrakes.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest wazzawazza73

On the landing, make sure that you disengage the autothrottle, otherwise it will continue to try and maintain the V-speed.

On the landing, make sure that you disengage the autothrottle, otherwise it will continue to try and maintain the V-speed.
The autothrottle disengages automatically (and without audio warning), no need (and no procedure) to disengage it manually.Tom