Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim W

FS 2002 CTD on aircraft selection...HELP!

Guest Dominik Mann

*sigh*...seems as if that problem I was having a few days ago has returned ;( . Having loaded up FS 2002 and clicking the button leading to the aircraft selection screen from the main menu, the sim will crash to the desktop without any error message whatsoever. On a whim, I temporarily removed the last two or three aircraft I installed, but it did not help. I also tried launching a flight with the default Cessna 172 and then calling up the aircraft selection screen from the ALT menu bar, but when I tried this I got the "call home" box.Is there anything else I could do - perhaps delete the FS2002.cfg and scenery.cfg files and have FS rebuild them?Thanks,

Guest Tim W

Yes, first cut and paste the fs2002.cfg out of the fs2002 folder and put it somewhere else. Restart fs and it will create another. You will have to change all your display settings to what you had before (resolution etc. If that solves your problem. shut down FS2002 to save the cfg and then if you have joystick settings set up in the old cfg, you can cut and paste them into the new cfg. It's usually best to make your start up flight, the default Cessna at Meigs field. That way you are not calling on any add on sceneries or aircraft. I wouldn't delete the scenery.cfg (never done that myself) I guess you could however open the file up with notepad and cut out the new entries for sceneries you have added recently (not the defaults) then try re-adding them one by one via the add scenery section in the fs2002 scenery menu.Gppd luck regardsTim

Guest Dominik Mann

That didn't help either ;( ...

Guest Tim W

Sounds like a re-install is called for then if all else has failed!RegardsTim

Guest Dominik Mann

Uh...don't know why, but when I tried the approach of rebuilding the FS2002.cfg a second time it did, in fact, work :-hmmm . Thank providence that I managed to solve this problem without having to perform a reinstall!

Guest Tim W

Well done. Glad it solved the problem.RegardsTim