Sign in to follow this  
ColonelMustard

Southern Africa ASAExperience

Hi,I sometimes fly in areas outside of the first world and have the suspition, that ASA does not have good server coverage in these areas and therefor the program makes some crazy interpolations.Best example: on a flight from Cape Town(FACT), South Africa to L

Hi,Go to Map view and center Africa on the screen and then zoom out to 3000 miles. Have only the stations option on and you'll see our coverage. Yes, many stations do not report weather 24-7 so we do need to interpolate conditions.Our data servers need the source data and we can't just hook into any system, but we will take a look at this.Thanks!

Hi,Go to Map view and center Africa on the screen and then zoom out to 3000 miles. Have only the stations option on and you'll see our coverage. Yes, many stations do not report weather 24-7 so we do need to interpolate conditions.Our data servers need the source data and we can't just hook into any system, but we will take a look at this.Thanks!
Thank you Jim for replying.I just did what you said, however the only station furthest south reporting is Kinshasa in the DRC. There is not a single station reporting in South Africa on your servers and these stations do in fact report 24/7. I tried deactivating the automatic download option and restarting ASA hey presto - I get the local stations reporting, so I probably have a download problem.The reason for all this could be, that I am downloading with a GSM Mobile Internet connection at this time and maybe there is a timeout or something, so that I am not getting all of the stuff that is supposed to be downloaded. I will have broadband again next week. Just checked while writing this: KLAX and KSEA - also interpolated - that is very strange and underlines this. Could it be the non broadband connection... ? Downloading takes about 2 minutes. I will test next week and give some feedback, maybe someone can also post their results for Johannesburg or any Stations in the area.

Just had a chance to test via broadband - no results. I have tried to make a clean install, but the deinstaller is a nightmare - leaves everything in the registry. I have reinstalled and still get the same station coverage. How can we fix this ?I thought this is a program which will give me international real time weather coverage. Even most major stations and international airports are interpolated. Even places like Frankfurt, Los Angeles etc. For me this is unacceptable and if it can't be fixed, all the bells and whistles are not much help. I am very disappointed to say the least and would like my money back if the program can't deliver. Looking on the map confirms bad coverage. When I choose LA, I get TAF Info from Mexico. Back in Johannesburg I get it from SYFO wherever that is in South America...Can somebody please give me a hint if this is a local problem or if the same is experienced by everyone ?

Hi,Are Automatic Downloads On in ASA?Is ASA set to use Real time?Is your FS set to use system time?No other reports of this at this time.Thanks,

Everything is already set they way you suggest.I have found something interesting that might help - when I restart ASA offline or choose the LastDownLoaded.Wx via the open function, everything I want is actually there. Now why does it fail to update the settings after the download automatically ? I am using admin rights to execute ASA, so I do not know why it should have a problem implementing the WX which it has just downloaded.Any ideas ?

Hi,On the Report Screen is Lock to Closest checked On?Thanks,

Hi,On the Report Screen is Lock to Closest checked On?Thanks,
Yes, lock to closest is checked on. The program can't automatically load the new weather for some reason after the download. If I manually choose the LastDownLoaded.wx, the correct Station and Data is shown TAF included, in fact I can also look at other stations with this option checked off. I have installed it with AntiVirus off and with Admin rights. I have no problems on this computer and it is a brand new Vista Home Premium machine with only FSX installed.