Sign in to follow this  
NukeDukem

ASA (B355) crashes when reloading scenery/terrain data

Hi @ all!I used since two days ASA (B355) for FSX and I got every time a complete crash of FSX if I reduced my simulation rate from 8x to normal after FSXreloaded the scenery/terrain data/... :-( I tought it's not a problem of ASA, but when I start FSX without ASA and make the same actions everything is all right after reloading scenery/terrain data/... So I think there is any problem with ASA and the reload functionality in FSX.I have installed FS Globals 2008 and used the Beechcraft Baron 58 for my flights. The problem occurs not only when I switch the simulation rate. Every time FSX is REloading scenery/terrain data/... (the black screen with the dialog box and the progress bar!!!) I got this crash with ASA. When I first time load a flight no crash occured (button "FLY NOW")! If I start FSX without ASA I didn't get any crash after reload actions... :-(Has anybody similar crashes with the newest ASA version?THX for help!!!

Hi,What AI Traffic do you have installed?That is what is refreshing when you go from 8X to normal.Right now B355 does not automatically refresh AI Traffic.Any error messages when FSX crashes?Thanks,

Hi,I haven't installed any AI Traffic components in FSX. Unfortunately I got no crash messages, only the stanard dialog whichI can sent Microsoft the problem message via internet.Any other ideas?

Hi,No other reports of this, but I'm not sure anyone has tried going from 8X to 1X.Can you disable FS Global and give things a try?Thanks,

Hi,I have now reinstalled my complete FSX without FS Global 2008. It seems that now everything works fine, I can't reproduce this crash any more. So I think the combination of ASA and FS Global makes some problems in some cases of flight and reloading the terrain!

Hi Jim,just wanted to let you know, that I tried using ASX instead of ASA again tonight. I used exact the same setup as yesterday and guess what - no problems at all. When I use ASA there seem to be memory problems left, even after the patch. When using ASA and I end a flight by exiting the sim and returning to the free flight page, the aircraft screen is black. Like I mentioned in my previous post, using ASA causes problems during texture reloading, but ASX doesn