Sign in to follow this  
ZXR-7R

Scottish Pioneer STOL by Mike Stone...

Hi there- I downloaded the Scottish Pioneer STOL by Mike Stone, installed it in the aircraft folder, and gauges were put into gauges folder, yet I still have some missing gauges. Find enclosed a screenshot of the cockpit. Also for the life of me, I cannot start it. Battery power and fuel pump is on, but when cranked, it does not start.(have tried giving a bit more throttle at startup, but no luck) Has anyone tried this aircraft, and could suggest a few things to cure these 2 things? Thanks a bunch-Tim

-certified speed-junkie and jet-junkie.

Guest lgvpilot1

I dont know this aircraft ,but I suppose a couple of thing you could try , apart from a re install of the aircraft is to place the gauges in the same folder as the aircraft , though the gauges do look "Stock"and try and see if it will start with ctrl+e , at least then you know it works!Mark

Hi there- I downloaded the Scottish Pioneer STOL by Mike Stone, installed it in the aircraft folder, and gauges were put into gauges folder, yet I still have some missing gauges. Find enclosed a screenshot of the cockpit. Also for the life of me, I cannot start it. Battery power and fuel pump is on, but when cranked, it does not start.(have tried giving a bit more throttle at startup, but no luck) Has anyone tried this aircraft, and could suggest a few things to cure these 2 things? Thanks a bunch-Tim
I don't know where you downloaded it from, but that isn't Mike Stone's panel for that plane, which probably has something to do with your problem. it's a really nice plane for short field take off. can be airborn in the width of the runway.

That's a modified panel for the default Vega!

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I don't know where you downloaded it from, but that isn't Mike Stone's panel for that plane, which probably has something to do with your problem. it's a really nice plane for short field take off. can be airborn in the width of the runway.
From the readme..."Mike Stone modelled and Yahia al Wajid adjusted the aerodynamics" Nothing in the readme states that the panel is done by someone else. Model and all by Mike from what I can tell. I should have also mentioned that I have tried cntr+e, and have tried gauges in aircraft folder and in the gauges folder, with no luck. Thanks for the suggestions though guys- appreciate it.-Timedit- sorry Bravo- you beat me to post,as I was writing... hmmm- nothing mentioned re: modified panel from the Vega inside the readme. Is there a somewhat simple way I can stick some gauges of some sort into the missing ones? If it's a fairly intensive job to do so, I most likely will remove the aircraft, although I was dyin to try this cool-looking, slow little bird. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Guest tatest

The panel probably uses gauges from some of the default aircraft models, and they are not where this model can find them. Look at the panel.cfg file, see what gauges are used. Find the missing ones, they may be in the panel directory of the aircraft model they've been borrowed from. If so, copy them into the gauges directory, or into the panel directory of the Pioneer. Another reason gauges are sometimes missing, is when the model has been made originally for Combat Flight Simulator and adapted to MSFS. Such models will refer to CFS default files you don't have. I don't think that is the case for this model.

Yeah, Ive never flown the Vega, so I didn't recognize at first. Well, I've read up a little on the inner workings of gauge files and panel configs and the positioning of certain gauges, etc. and I think I'll give-it-a-go at getting some gauges into those black holes. Some like the gyro-compass from the Vega and others from the DC-3 are used,and look like they can be installed just like the original Vega without too much hassle. I'll take a closer look when I learn a little more.Too much work-time : not enough fun-time,ya know. Thanks for all of the help!-Tim

Yeah, Ive never flown the Vega, so I didn't recognize at first. Well, I've read up a little on the inner workings of gauge files and panel configs and the positioning of certain gauges, etc. and I think I'll give-it-a-go at getting some gauges into those black holes. Some like the gyro-compass from the Vega and others from the DC-3 are used,and look like they can be installed just like the original Vega without too much hassle. I'll take a closer look when I learn a little more.Too much work-time : not enough fun-time,ya know. Thanks for all of the help!-Tim
For Mike's original model, check here...http://www.simviation.com/fs2004props97.htm

Simple fix really.Open the panel.cfg with NotepadFind something that looks like this and make it look exactly like this gauge00=lockeed-vega!altimeter, 331,329,118,117gauge01=lockeed-vega!ecu_popup, 341,611,125,158gauge02=lockeed-vega!gyro_compass, 693,439,116,116Open the default DC-3 Panel folder and copy the Douglas_DC3.cab , then paste it into either the main gauge folder or the panel folder for the Scottish PioneerThen you should be good to go!

sigbar.gif

Almost forgot, to get it started I had to keep cranking and pump the throttle several times to get it to fire. Almost like it needs a choke.

sigbar.gif

Simple fix really.Open the panel.cfg with NotepadFind something that looks like this and make it look exactly like this gauge00=lockeed-vega!altimeter, 331,329,118,117gauge01=lockeed-vega!ecu_popup, 341,611,125,158gauge02=lockeed-vega!gyro_compass, 693,439,116,116Open the default DC-3 Panel folder and copy the Douglas_DC3.cab , then paste it into either the main gauge folder or the panel folder for the Scottish PioneerThen you should be good to go!
Thanks a bunch Bravo- putting the DC-3 cab and also the Vega cab into the main gauges folder did the trick. Those 3 lines were already in the panel.cfg, so adding just the cab files worked. Also, I finally got it started,after about 20-25 seconds of cranking and priming w\throttle hehe- unfortunately I don't think my Saitek throttle would last long if I flew this bird every day :) Very neat aircraft to fly though. Thanks for your's and everyone's help.