Sign in to follow this  

is the baron pressurized?

that's it. Is the baron 58 in fs2002 pressurized model? i was wondering if i could plan a flight that would be above 10,000 feet in the baron.thanksmark - insert your favoite quote from the movie Airplane -

Guest tinman

Nope, not pressurized. You could plan a trip with it in the higher altitudes, just remember you gotta have an oxygen system up there (either airframe mounted or portable).

Guest tallpilot

Hi Mark,Here is everything you ever wanted to know about oxygen from the F.A.R's. :-)Section 91.211: Supplemental oxygen.(a) General. No person may operate a civil aircraft of U.S. registry -- (1) At cabin pressure altitudes above 12,500 feet (MSL) up to and including 14,000 feet (MSL) unless the required minimum flight crew is provided with and uses supplemental oxygen for that part of the flight at those altitudes that is of more than 30 minutes duration; (2) At cabin pressure altitudes above 14,000 feet (MSL) unless the required minimum flight crew is provided with and uses supplemental oxygen during the entire flight time at those altitudes; and (3) At cabin pressure altitudes above 15,000 feet (MSL) unless each occupant of the aircraft is provided with supplemental oxygen. (:( Pressurized cabin aircraft. (1) No person may operate a civil aircraft of U.S. registry with a pressurized cabin -- (i) At flight altitudes above flight level 250 unless at least a 10-minute supply of supplemental oxygen, in addition to any oxygen required to satisfy paragraph (a) of this section, is available for each occupant of the aircraft for use in the event that a descent is necessitated by loss of cabin pressurization; and (ii) At flight altitudes above flight level 350 unless one pilot at the controls of the airplane is wearing and using an oxygen mask that is secured and sealed and that either supplies oxygen at all times or automatically supplies oxygen whenever the cabin pressure altitude of the airplane exceeds 14,000 feet (MSL), except that the one pilot need not wear and use an oxygen mask while at or below flight level 410 if there are two pilots at the controls and each pilot has a quick-donning type of oxygen mask that can be placed on the face with one hand from the ready position within 5 seconds, supplying oxygen and properly secured and sealed. (2) Notwithstanding paragraph (:((1)(ii) of this section, if for any reason at any time it is necessary for one pilot to leave the controls of the aircraft when operating at flight altitudes above flight level 350, the remaining pilot at the controls shall put on and use an oxygen mask until the other pilot has returned to that crewmember's station.Regards,Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot

Guest MikeEppright

There is such an animal as the "P" Baron. The one in FS2K2 is not pressurized.

The default Baron is not pressurized nor turbocharged. There is a turbocharged version for download er..somewhere. I also think there are pressurized Barons in real life so flying at higher altitudes wouldn't be that unrealistic.In the real world you could just strap on some oxygen but I don't recommend strapping anything to your face when you're playing the simulator. :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

The way i fly i might need oxygen at sea level :-bigangel thank you all for your help!mark- insert your favoite quote from the movie Airplane -