Sign in to follow this  
Guest dohallo

Buying a new rig?

Go Intel, if you can.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I'm just about to buy an i7 system from iBuypower, and your comment is the only bad one I've seen, though honestly, I haven't looked to hard. Several ppl said they were very good. Hmmmm...Now I'm more nervous. :(

Guest Alphahawk3
I'm just about to buy an i7 system from iBuypower, and your comment is the only bad one I've seen, though honestly, I haven't looked to hard. Several ppl said they were very good. Hmmmm...Now I'm more nervous. :(
I built my own i7 920 and am very happy with it...I have no clue about iBuypower.....I did look at them because I did not want to do the hassle of a build but it came out OK. You are going to read bad reviews about every ready made PC there is. If you stick with iBuypower try buying it at Costco. They will take anything back...I have bought several electronics items from them and they take stuff back even without boxes...one of the best return policy's for electronics I have found. regards

I built my own i7 920 and am very happy with it...I have no clue about iBuypower.....I did look at them because I did not want to do the hassle of a build but it came out OK. You are going to read bad reviews about every ready made PC there is. If you stick with iBuypower try buying it at Costco. They will take anything back...I have bought several electronics items from them and they take stuff back even without boxes...one of the best return policy's for electronics I have found.regards
Great to hear Alpha. I'm looking at a 920/GTX 260/6gig tri 1600 with Vista 64 with iBuypower. Perfect setup and price. I'm really trying to price this as cheap as I can and (unfortunately) may go with a cheaper vid card for the time being like a 9800 GTX or a 4850. I just got the "itch" for a new system to run FSX better than my E6600/8800gts along with Black Shark and Rise of Flight coming soon. And when you get that itch, it almost impossible not to get a new system. :( And I know me, by tomorrow, something is going to be ordered. :(

Guest bekfreak

I'm getting my PC from Maxforcepc. I did ALOT of research before settling on a boutique and I've did resellers ratings, HardOC, Toms, and a few other places. I asked around, poked my nose into forums, and I did find two other solid places...Digital Storm and Maingear. Digital Storm's too far and Maingear while lovely is very expensive. I'm not going to advertise for MF but for a new place and from talking with his customers I made my choice to go there. I just hope you don't have any problems with that iBuypower machine. I've read that you can have a real nightmare on your hands if you do.