Sign in to follow this  
brucek

B757

I think that this aircraft is a wonderfull aircraft, I personally have folwen on it may times and just love it. What draws my liking to it is that when running the engines are very, very silent, infact i have found that it is very difficult to hear the engines!The reason why i have made this post is that i have recently been in an argument with some people over this aircraft with everyone saying it is horrible. I know it could never be as good as the 727, but i want to know your feelings on this matter!ThanksAlistair

Guest tallpilot

Well Alistar, as a retired 757 pilot I can tell you that it is the best performing jet that I have ever flown. (Well at least the -200 model. Capt. Ball could comment more on the -300):-) From a passenger stand point however it is, like most jets today, kind of cramped in the back end. Seats are too narrow and to close to the one in front.From a flying stand point it is a delight to fly. It's one of the few airplanes that you can go right on up to it's max operating altitude at almost it's maximum gross weight which makes it nice for getting above most of the weather. It also performs very well with one engine shut down and the systems on board are very reliable. So I'm with you, give me a 757 any day. (Wish I could afford one of my own) :-lolEd Weber a.k.a tallpilot

If you sit in an emergency exit row, you will be AAA okay in a 757. 757 is the greatest airliner in my opinion, and thats just my opinion. The -300 however from what I hear, isn't as powerful as the -200, obviously because it has the same engines, but it is longer, and heavier. ATA pilots flying the 757-300 out of Midway had to go to a special class on not striking the tail on the ground when taking off.Paul Meyer - Morris, C09status.php?id=810173&indicator=OD1&a=a.jhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...7b45404593a.jpg

I have to agree with you guys.Everyone has their favourites. The 757 is mine.Most of my flight sim hours are in a 757.I had the opportunity some years ago to stay on the flightdeck of a BA 757 whilst landing at EGCC. How cool was that! I really enjoyed it. However i bow to the knowledge and flight deck time of others posted on this thread!:-wave Daren

Guest DanWalloch

I also would like to say that the 757 is my personal favorite. Working at Milwaukee's Mitchell International, we get northwest 757-200s in there and you can't hear them until they use the thrust reversers, its ultra quiet. The thing that I like most about them is that when they are hauling a light load, they are easily off the ground in what appears to about 3000-4000 feet. And they go so gravefully too.

Cheers for your reply's glad to see some folk enjoy the B757. I am going to my Local International on Sunday to get some pictures of planes (the B757-200 seems to fly in all the time), If i get any good B757-200's i Will make a site and put them on!AListair

Nice aircraft if you're in the cockpit. But it's the worst I've ever flown as a passenger. I've flown well over two million miles and there will never be another mile flown by me on a 757. The ultimate in discomfort.Trip

Guest DanWalloch

How was your travel horrible on the 757, please tell us since the airplane doesn't talk and doesn't choose how the seats will be installed as the airline does this stuff.

I would tend to agree, Trip.I haven't flown the B75 as a pax much. But recently I flew America West (AWE) KPHX-KLAX and back, both legs on one of their B75's. The noise- actually a type of vibrational noise that sounded like a loud and annoying buzz- was rather intense. I was sitting along the leading edge of the wing- and with cheap seats, maybe this was the worst place to be. Maybe a function of the RR engines?But- on the performance: I had flown into KPHX from KDEN on an AWE B737-300. The difference in thrust-to-weight ratio was very evident in the B75, almost like a rocket! Even after thrust was reduced for the climb out.Bruce.