Sign in to follow this  
Guest martyc

MD-11 Nav1 Nav2 autoflight question

Guest martyc

Hi , I've a question regarding the autoflight system of the md-11.(after having red all the so great and mandatories pmdg md-11 printed manuals)When ready for take off we push the autoflight button once in order to engage the auto thrust, and when airborne we push it again in order to have the standard default autopilot 1 engage. So we should read on the captain display NAV1 engaged and if the copilot want to swith to nav2, he should push for the third time the autoflight button and read Nav2 on his pfd.But what I see on the fs9 md11 is that on ground, pushing the autoflight button will arm the autothrust, that's ok, but airborne, pushing it for the autopilot, engage it directly in Nav2, instead of Nav1. So I have to push it again (third time) to have it in nav1. Is it a little bug or I have missed something?.P.S. nothing related but in pax version of the fs9 md11 in 2d panel, I don't see the EVAC switch on the overhead panel, does it exist ? Thanks in advance.

Hi , I've a question regarding the autoflight system of the md-11.(after having red all the so great and mandatories pmdg md-11 printed manuals)When ready for take off we push the autoflight button once in order to engage the auto thrust, and when airborne we push it again in order to have the standard default autopilot 1 engage. So we should read on the captain display NAV1 engaged and if the copilot want to swith to nav2, he should push for the third time the autoflight button and read Nav2 on his pfd.But what I see on the fs9 md11 is that on ground, pushing the autoflight button will arm the autothrust, that's ok, but airborne, pushing it for the autopilot, engage it directly in Nav2, instead of Nav1. So I have to push it again (third time) to have it in nav1. Is it a little bug or I have missed something?.P.S. nothing related but in pax version of the fs9 md11 in 2d panel, I don't see the EVAC switch on the overhead panel, does it exist ? Thanks in advance.
(Please sign your posts with your name as forum rules require)There is always one Autopilot controlling the aircraft. This is indicated by AP1 or AP2 on the PFD (the NAV indication will always be the same as the controlling AP, i.e. AP1->NAV1, AP2->NAV2). Both PFDs (captain and F/O) will always show the same indication, because both display the steering commands (FD bars) received by the same single active AP. Pressing the AUTOFLIGHT switch in flight will change between AP1 and AP2. What happens is that when the one AP is engaged, the other is armed. Pressing AUTOFLIGHT makes the armed AP active and arms the other. This is done to ensure equal use of both APs during flight.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg