Sign in to follow this  
Leffe

Longhaul testfight with XP64 and 4GB Ram....

Leffe,For this reason you should also try a flight the other way.Arriving at an airport in the UTE-covered region. Preferably a mega airport.IMHO that's the situation when OOMs are most probable.I remember flying Frankfurt to Dubai with no problems. But returning next day I ended up with an OOM.A few days ago I uninstalled UTE. However I haven't yet had time to make a PMDG longhaul to Frankfurt, Paris or London.I will surely do it and report too.Best regards,Rafal
Rafal, I sure will try that too. But I guess it will be somewhat a shorter flight. Maybe Teheran to London or Frankfurt am Main (Heathrow or Mega Frankfurt)When i've done such a flight I will report back in this thread./ Leffe

Modano!Have you installed this;http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.phpX64 and 4GB Ram is only half of the solution. You have to make the "FS.exe" file hi-memory available. The FS.exe file is an 32 bit, which only can handleup to max 2GB. You have to make it, so it can handle >2GB. See my post above. First then you can handle more VS and physical Ram in FS./ Leffe
Just a heads up guys that SP2 or Acceleration already include the mods to use the >2GB memory.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Just a heads up guys that SP2 or Acceleration already include the mods to use the >2GB memory.
This thread is in relation to FS9 not FSX so the >2Gb mod is relevant Gary.

Cheers, Andy.

This thread is in relation to FS9 not FSX so the >2Gb mod is relevant Gary.
Not the first time that I pulled the gear lever up when I was sitting on the ground. Thank you for the cross check Andy.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

hi again leffe. this is how it stands as standard.[boot loader]timeout=1default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS[operating systems]multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetectnow i have set as this.[boot loader]timeout=1default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS[operating systems]multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /4GBi wonder why noexecute is standing before fastdetect. this is how you told me it should stand.multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /4GBdoes it matter how it stands or is the the way i have set it ok.

hi again leffe. this is how it stands as standard.[boot loader]timeout=1default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS[operating systems]multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetectnow i have set as this.[boot loader]timeout=1default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS[operating systems]multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /4GBi wonder why noexecute is standing before fastdetect. this is how you told me it should stand.multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /4GBdoes it matter how it stands or is the the way i have set it ok.
Hi!The only thing you'll have to add is the flag /4GB ,don't change anything else. If something have changed place afterwards, well I don't think it's important. Try the Sim with a longhaul flight. If your Sim crash, it will do so if you have a damaged scenery file somewhere, or a bad gaphich driver, but you wouldn't be able to run out of memory now. You ain't going to see a boost in FS either, but your Sim will run safe of OOM.Here's what I found about NOEXECUTE OPTIN on the net;/NOEXECUTE

Modano why are you applying the 4Gb switch (which actually should be a 3Gb switch not 4) to a 64bit operating system? You DO NOT need the switch with XP 64 or Vista 64.the only thing you have to do is mod the fs9.exe to make it >2Gb aware.

Cheers, Andy.

Modano why are you applying the 4Gb switch (which actually should be a 3Gb switch not 4) to a 64bit operating system? You DO NOT need the switch with XP 64 or Vista 64.the only thing you have to do is mod the fs9.exe to make it >2Gb aware.
Guess you have right! there is so much confusing thing floating around, about this matter. I only took this as a verification. (see pics) But I have now read diffr. article about it on the Web and that tells me you are right. Anyway it couldn't harm either way, cause one ain't running it up to 3GB anyway(in normal condition), so it would still be >1 GB leftover for Bios, XP ........./ Leffe :(

The main point I was trying to make though is that there is no need whatsoever to edit the boot.ini if you have Vista 64 or XP 64 as those OS's already use the full 4Gb or more of memory anyway. You just need to make the exe greater than 2Gb aware and even this is not needed with FSX versions SP1 or later.

Cheers, Andy.

The main point I was trying to make though is that there is no need whatsoever to edit the boot.ini if you have Vista 64 or XP 64 as those OS's already use the full 4Gb or more of memory anyway. You just need to make the exe greater than 2Gb aware and even this is not needed with FSX versions SP1 or later.
Thanks Andy!I've now only have the FS9exe (32/bit file) patched 4GB, cause the SP2 in XP pro 64-bit dosen't patch it, which SP2 do in Vista- 64./ Leffe :(

thanks Andydigital and leffe for good help :( i have used the 4 gb pacth 4 days ago and the other thing did i last night, 2 days ago i took a trip from ben gurion til stockholm with the 747 and i dont get an oom very happy for that. to get all clear can i remove the the 4 gb text file and only run with the patch that i installed 4 days ago.

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /4GB
From reading the above quote from an earlier post of yours I can see that you are using "Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" if this is the case then you can change the above to what I have quoted below and that will still work fine.
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Cheers, Andy.

thanks Andydigital and leffe for good help :( i have used the 4 gb pacth 4 days ago and the other thing did i last night, 2 days ago i took a trip from ben gurion til stockholm with the 747 and i dont get an oom very happy for that. to get all clear can i remove the the 4 gb text file and only run with the patch that i installed 4 days ago.
I just did that! /Leffe