Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hingham2008

Keyboard

Guest Hingham2008

Here's a strange one. Setup for a flight with the PMDG 737-800 and after loading ....no keyboard. Can't for the life of me figure out what setting this might relate to. No issue with any other aircraft but will admit not having tested other PMDG variants.Thanks in advance of any tips.Dave

Here's a strange one. Setup for a flight with the PMDG 737-800 and after loading ....no keyboard. Can't for the life of me figure out what setting this might relate to. No issue with any other aircraft but will admit not having tested other PMDG variants.Thanks in advance of any tips.Dave
I have had that happen with a couple of FS9 sessions... Is it a USB keyboard, if so, try unplugging and plugging it back in...That worked for me...I would NOT recommend doing this with a PS/2 keyboard, as that may cause serious damage to the mainboard... I have seen this happen on at least 2 occasions...Andrew

Guest Hingham2008

Well..I have tried everything with this problem.....the keyboard being inoperable with PMDG 737 aircraft.Is there anyone in this community that can at least point me in the right direction?I have uninstalled/reinstalled...tried different keyboards (all USB) and looked everywhere for possible setting issues.Problem is in both full screen and not.Mouse works fine but that's it. All aircraft functions are normal...just no keyboard.Thanks,Dave

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

Check to see that the USB ports are not in a power saving mode. You can change this setting to 'OFF' so that they remain on all of the time.I had this problem with a new USB input card and found all of the ports were in this configuration. After changing them to on all of the time, the problem hasn't recurred.You can find these settings in the Device Manager.

Guest Hingham2008
Check to see that the USB ports are not in a power saving mode. You can change this setting to 'OFF' so that they remain on all of the time.I had this problem with a new USB input card and found all of the ports were in this configuration. After changing them to on all of the time, the problem hasn't recurred.You can find these settings in the Device Manager.
I guess I'm not being clear. This has nothing to do with my system hardware. It only happens with a PMDG 737 loaded and all will work again perfectly if I load another aircraft...other than PMDG. So.....load a PMDG 737....no keyboard.......switch to another brand of 737....all is well.Is that making better sense?Thanks....Dave

No keyboard? Have you successfully set up keycommands using the pmdg options menu or are you using default MSFS keycommands?Hard to imagine the keyboard working okay except for one application. Default keycommands such as view commands should be working.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Hingham2008
No keyboard? Have you successfully set up keycommands using the pmdg options menu or are you using default MSFS keycommands?Hard to imagine the keyboard working okay except for one application. Default keycommands such as view commands should be working.
I have not customized anything and use all the straight MSFS commands thought I've added Pause/Break for ATC window and Scroll/Lock for Map.That's been for a long time and never caused any interference before.

Guest Hingham2008
I have not customized anything and use all the straight MSFS commands thought I've added Pause/Break for ATC window and Scroll/Lock for Map.That's been for a long time and never caused any interference before.
Problem solved with installation of FSUIPC 3.85 .....don't know why but I'm feeling pretty good about myself.Dave