Sign in to follow this  
guy

flight director default fsx 737/321 not funtionning?

Hi all,I am a new user of FSX ,migrating from Fs9 only now.One question: Is the flight director not functionning in the B737 and A321?I mean the FD bars in the PFD. On the 747 the bars work well.I have tried everything but no means. The bars are always centered!Is that because we have the flightpath now in the ND?Or is there something else one must do?I have made a search in this forum on this but found nothing. Happy flights to all.Guy

On the CRJ 700 the FD bars are ok also.Does anybody have them working on the 737/321?Guy

Does anybody have them working on the 737/321?
Yes I do! There are a number of FSX default AC gauge fixes by Alexander Barthel in the file library. You'll find a range of gauge fixes here.I hope you find one that suits you.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Thanks for the interesting list.Unfortunately none of those fixes the FD vertical bar.I found the solution somewhere else:The fault lies in the PFD_xml of the B737_800 cab file in the panel folder, for the banking there were radians instead of degrees:BEFORE -<script>(A:Autopilot flight director bank, radians) (A:Attitude indicator bank degrees:1, radians) - /-/</Script>AFTER my Change - <script>(A:Autopilot flight director bank, degrees) (A:Attitude indicator bank degrees:1, degrees) - /-/</Script>I extracted the cab file into a folder using ultimatezip and modified the Xml using Internet Explorer (modifying the source file).With this modification the FD bars work perfectly in the 737.The 321 had exactly the same error.After modification, the FD bars work also now in the 321, but only when the autopilot is on. This is because the lateral navigation(LOC) works only with AP on, once in the air. Curiously on the ground it works with or without AP! Guy

Well done! It sure looks like a lot of hasty work was done to get the thing released on time back in '06. Fortunately a lot of minor glitches seem to be pretty easy to fix.You might consider posting this fix in the Tips and Tricks forum.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Well done! It sure looks like a lot of hasty work was done to get the thing released on time back in '06. Fortunately a lot of minor glitches seem to be pretty easy to fix.You might consider posting this fix in the Tips and Tricks forum.Mike.
Thanks.It is especially astonishing as the FD bars are a basic function for an airliner.I would be happy if I had a solution for the A321 Lnav (Loc) not working without AP.Guy

I would be happy if I had a solution for the A321 Lnav (Loc) not working without AP.Guy
I found the trick for the A321: the Lnav(Loc) continues to work in the air with the AP off, if you set off at least one of the three SEC(spoilers-elevator-computer) on the overhead panel.Don't know if that is logic. Found some explanation about those computers on the net. It is complicated. The Sec computers normally command the spoilers but they are also backup for the ELAC 's (elevator-aileron computer).At least I can now follow the FD bars when flying by hand.Guy

I have experimented a bit with the A321.If I set off one of the SEC computers the whole normal law functions are gone: autotrim, pitch/bank control, alphafloor.The plane reverts to normal flight. You must use trim, and you can roll and even loop!Same thing happens if you set the two ELAC's off.When the FAC's are off, autotrim seems still be functionning.When the computers are all on the Normal law functions are well simulated.Guy