Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

You`ve help solve one problem - can you solve another please??

Having solved a problem with the help of you guys out there, I decided I would have a good clean up, uninstalled FS2002 completely, refragged the drive, re-installed FS2002, added the "must have files VOD, NOVA, Airport210 etc plus Gerrish`s autogen buildings and trees, then started with a few Scottish scenery and airports and decided to have a quick flight.To my horror I found the scenery was almost FS98 rather than FS2002 - lots of straight lines, The River Forth was decidedly angular with no signs of tidal type water.I deactivated the scenery but still everything was square and straight lines. The airports appears as though they were a piece of green land placed in some dark areas I would be most grateful if anyone could suggest what I have either missed out or perhaps cut outRegardsGeorge

My first guess is you are missing a texture folder somewhere in the mix. Is this problem present in any of the default scenery outside of Scotland?This link is a document I wrote for installing FS2002 under Windows 95. But it may be of help for you as well, to restore/refresh a folder that may have been inadvertently deleted during an install of add-on scenery. Once you become familiar with this "road map" of FS, you will be able to fix most odd issues without ever having to resort to a reinstall...http://www.fsgateway.com/tips_read.asp?id=285Regards,John

The difference a letter makes, R versus D.Just one question, where on your Windows menu did you find the "R"efrag Drive selection.:-lol

LOL!!!The scary thing, is that someone reads that typo and says "hmmmmm, I guess I have to "re" something to make FS2002 run better. Must be this REFormat option?"-John

Well, considering "REFormat", it *will* actually give you a "DEFragment", maybe thats the right answer after all. ;-)Elrond ---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (y/N)

At least my spelling mistake has given someone a laugh, thank goodness I was also given some advice (Thanks John) which I am following thruGeorge

My amusement was in the thinking of taking the well aligned bytes of data and spewing them like manure out of a manure spreaderorFor the non-farmer's in the crowd, watching a well dressed man or woman standing on a steet corner by a muddy water puddle, only to have a fast moving vehicle splash the muddy water all over their clean attire!Not funny to those splashed, I'm sure!!At least, you know there is something in your OS, that may help your system perform better.