Sign in to follow this  
Guest DannyITR

Winds aloft erratically changing direction causing aircraft spinning

Guest DannyITR

Hello, I have FSX and Active Sky X with Vista X64 and using Level D 767. I'm presently on a flight over the Atlantic to Heathrow and the 100kt tailwind all of a sudden becomes a 100kt headwind and then back and then comes from the left and then the right etc. Its throwing the aircraft all over the place. Is this an error in the program? How can I stop this?I forgot to mention I'm flying on Vatsim with a friend who is about 10 miles ahead of me at the same altitude (FL410). Could it be wake turbulence?

Hi,In your VATSIM software your weather option is Off correct?Please try a flight with a default plane.In ASX Virtual Stations and Enhanced Route Coverage are On?A flight plan has been processed?No, I don't think it is wake turbulence.Please let us know.Thanks,

Guest DannyITR
Hi,In your VATSIM software your weather option is Off correct?Please try a flight with a default plane.In ASX Virtual Stations and Enhanced Route Coverage are On?A flight plan has been processed?No, I don't think it is wake turbulence.Please let us know.Thanks,
VATSIM weather was off, it started with enhanced route coverage on, then I disabled it plus auto weather updates, winds aloft and locking to the nearest station as well but to no effect. I would choose to clear all weather via FSX but every 2 min or so the weather would come back. Once I got down below 20,000 or so the problem seemed to go away. I will try with normal aircraft.

Guest DannyITR

Thought I'd post the solution since it took me about a year to figure it out. I simply needed to install FSUIPC for FSX. Its a $40 product and enables FSX to interact properly with addon software. Why this product is needed I have no clue but since installing it and turning my winds aloft back on, there is no more erratic behavior. Here is the linkhttp://secure.simmarket.com/pete-dowson-fsuipc4.phtml

Guest CX355
Hello, I have FSX and Active Sky X with Vista X64 and using Level D 767. I'm presently on a flight over the Atlantic to Heathrow and the 100kt tailwind all of a sudden becomes a 100kt headwind and then back and then comes from the left and then the right etc. Its throwing the aircraft all over the place. Is this an error in the program? How can I stop this?I forgot to mention I'm flying on Vatsim with a friend who is about 10 miles ahead of me at the same altitude (FL410). Could it be wake turbulence?
Are you drinking? :( Stay out of typhoons, willy willies, hurricanes and the sort....