Sign in to follow this  
Guest cgbcgb

Mt Lassen Tour - great mission!

Guest cgbcgb

Just downloaded Mt Lassen Tour and flew it, great mission!Thoroughly enjoyed the scenery and the comments, you feel like a guest being shown around somebody's home area.Thanks a lot!Cristian.

Just downloaded Mt Lassen Tour and flew it, great mission!Thoroughly enjoyed the scenery and the comments, you feel like a guest being shown around somebody's home area.Thanks a lot!Cristian.
Cristian-thanks for the kind words! I am glad you enjoyed it and yes, Lance did an amazing job on the scenery.By the way-if you click on my name and go to my Avsim page-then click videos, there is one of me landing there a few years ago-of course without the "surprise" in the mission.

Yes - agreed - good fun.I also flew it in Tileproxy - although my Internet connection had a bit of trouble keeping up with the Baron. Barry

Yes - agreed - good fun.I also flew it in Tileproxy - although my Internet connection had a bit of trouble keeping up with the Baron. Barry
Interesting Barry! I might have to dust my Tileproxy off and give it a try-though Lance already did it at least for the Cinder Cone area here. Via the recent debate on Photoscenery vs. default it would be an interesting compare.

That is because Barons are fast :)Incidentally, I was at KCGI yesterday, and saw a nice-looking white with blue striped Baron parked, with both engine cowls off--they were doing some work on her--and I immediately thought to myself, "those Barons look fast sitting still".

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

GeofI used ME as the map provider - the resolution could have been better . I will try again using Y. It is a shame we have lost G though!! Barry

GeofI used ME as the map provider - the resolution could have been better . I will try again using Y. It is a shame we have lost G though!! Barry
I hadn't kept up and didn't realize G was lost-what a shame. I can't wait till Megasceneryearth does this area though.

just downloaded Mt Lassen Tour and flew it, great mission!Thoroughly enjoyed the scenery and the comments, you feel like a guest being shown around somebody's home area.Thanks a lot!Cristian.
Same here, thank you for the great mission! Rodger

Same here, thank you for the great mission! Rodger
Thanks and you are welcome Rodger!

I also want to thank you for this mission. I have Q though. It seemed like my Baron is a bit more peppier than the commentary led me to believe. I forgot how high I was supposed to climb and didn't have any problem getting above 10000 @120. I also had plenty of power on the last part of the mission. So is the default Baron over-powered? (seems like that is often the case with defaults.)scott s..

I also want to thank you for this mission. I have Q though. It seemed like my Baron is a bit more peppier than the commentary led me to believe. I forgot how high I was supposed to climb and didn't have any problem getting above 10000 @120. I also had plenty of power on the last part of the mission. So is the default Baron over-powered? (seems like that is often the case with defaults.)scott s..
Interesting question! The default which is what I used is pretty good at the low altitudes but the performance from about 5000 up is low compared to the real bird.I had a few people who used different fm's for the testing and had troubles because their birds outperformed the mission parameters.If you do everything perfectly with the default you can probably make 10,000-I found 9500 was about right with a little error.As far as the end-there are probably a lot of variables involved. At least on my machine if you are at 7500 at the dam you only have about 1000 ft. leeway. However-from what I can tell there are mountain currents/drafts and if you get in the right ones you can end up with plenty at the end-get in the wrong ones and you won't make it.Sounds like you made it ok-congrats!

Guest sdaigle

I just flew the mission and I have to say: WOW!The attention to details is so great that I really felt there. VERY VERY good mission. Feel free to create more like this one ;)

I just flew the mission and I have to say: WOW!The attention to details is so great that I really felt there. VERY VERY good mission. Feel free to create more like this one ;)
Thanks-glad you enjoyed it!-and Lance's scenery really adds to the experience! I have plans to do lots-but they take a while and I have to have time. With instant mission maker though it makes the task very easy and I expect to see the library start to flood with missions of all kinds of different types and interest . To me this has been one of the most under used and greatest features of fsx-the missions. They certainly don't have to be gamelike at all.

Guest sdaigle
Thanks-glad you enjoyed it!-and Lance's scenery really adds to the experience! I have plans to do lots-but they take a while and I have to have time. With instant mission maker though it makes the task very easy and I expect to see the library start to flood with missions of all kinds of different types and interest . To me this has been one of the most under used and greatest features of fsx-the missions. They certainly don't have to be gamelike at all.
Hi Geofa,I was away from FSX for a while, but I am comming back since I got a new PC. So I am still catching up on what I missed in the last year. Could you point me out the direction of that mission maker? And you can make sure I will monitor you new missions in the library! ;)Thanks again!