Sign in to follow this  
Guest ddrueding

Request for information on the status screen

Guest ddrueding

Hello again. When the status screen is showing (6+644) or (20+2) what does that mean? It seems to not load any additional textures from cache until it has finished several passes.Thanks!

Guest cbuchner1
Hello again. When the status screen is showing (6+644) or (20+2) what does that mean? It seems to not load any additional textures from cache until it has finished several passes.Thanks!
The first number is the numer of HTTP requests currently being made. This will never exceed the conn settingi in the INI file for the selected provider.The second number is the number of pending HTTP requests that will need to be completed to have enough data for the ground tile.

Guest ddrueding

Thanks. It doesn't load images from cache (or update it's position) while a download is happening. Is this intentional? Or did I mess something up?

Guest cbuchner1
Thanks. It doesn't load images from cache (or update it's position) while a download is happening. Is this intentional? Or did I mess something up?
umm yeah Tileproxy is single-threaded and cannot communicate with the driver while a download is in progress.Fixing this would require some architectural changes.Source code is available, you know.I almost feel like shutting down the Tileproxy project after what Microsoft just did to ACES and the simulator franchise.Christian

Guest ddrueding

Thanks for the info. I've been doing a lot of tweaking, and just wanted to make sure I didn't break it. I do appreciate that you have released the source, but I have no coding skills whatsoever. The hit to ACES is brutal. I only hope that those who were let go continue to produce add-ons as part of some other team.

Guest cbuchner1
umm yeah Tileproxy is single-threaded and cannot communicate with the driver while a download is in progress.Fixing this would require some architectural changes.
Actually I find that it can't be fixed. When FSX is requesting a certain ground tile I have to deliver it, evenif it takes 10 seconds to load 600 HTTP requests. There is no way I can tell FSX "go load another tile first".If I don't deliver, you'll get a black or garbled ground tile instead.Christian

Guest ddrueding

Got it. Thanks for checking. I've found that only the 30cm textures take "too long" to load; the 60cm comes back within a reasonable time frame. As you said, 30cm is clearly an experimental setting. ;)