Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcollier

MD-11 Not Working

Guest rcollier

I just got the FS9 MD-11 this week. I took it out a couple of times for a test drive, and everything worked normally. However; recently, everytime I try to load the MD-11, it comes up fine but there seems to be no power: engines off, screens blank, etc. I can turn the battery on and off with no effect. I can here buttons being pressed, and even get a few aural warnings with test switches. One issue I'm having is the fuel control levers are in the "run" detent. When I try to move them to "off", they come out of the " run" detent, but do not move down to "off". Nor can I get them to go back into the "run" detent.If this topic has been covered, I apologize. It's late and my fustration levels are exreaordinarily high. I've been fighting this thing for two days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Ryan Collier

Don't try making it work if you don't get the initialization countdown.... you didn't mention if this occurs or not.If you create a flight (not a saved flight) it should initialize first thing after starting. If not and the screens are blank (instead of red X) then something happened to your validation and you will have to sort that out with pmdg support.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest rcollier

Thanks for the response, the e-mail is sent.Ryan CollierKOSC

Guest rcollier

Sent the e-mail a couple of days ago. Got the automated response. Still haven't heard back.I seems like I had a similar issue with the 747 while back, and I had no problems with PMDG getting back with me on this...Ryan Collier

It was a weekend, they should get with you. Meanwhile, you can try a clean install to see if you can't revalidate your installation (black screens=validation problem, black screen with red-X=no initialization and I assume your problem is validation). The clean install means after you uninstall with control panel or installer, you then delete all MD files and folders remaining where ever found.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest rcollier

Got it fixed, PMDG contacted me a few hours after my last post. I, for some reason, openned the load planner and it was empty and out of CG. Added a little freight near the nose, and everything worked fine from then on.Thanks again for your continuing help,Ryan Collier

Got it fixed, PMDG contacted me a few hours after my last post. I, for some reason, openned the load planner and it was empty and out of CG. Added a little freight near the nose, and everything worked fine from then on.Thanks again for your continuing help,Ryan Collier
Sounds similar to my issue, Ryan.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=242045Mine is definitely intermittent, and appears to be resolved by re-starting FSX and/or the PC, so it's more of an annoyance than a problem. You referred to "adding freight to the nose", is this nall that was causing this- or was there an activation / initialization issue as well that was the main culprit?Thanks for any info, I'm glad that you got your problem sorted.Bruce.

They have mentioned that zero load causes a bug... they are recommending adding one person or one cargo pallet as a workaround and of course adding it forward instead of aft helps with the takeoff trim issue also going to be fixed. I am sorry I missed the connection between the complaint and this known bug... seems I forget half of what I learn lately.

Dan Downs KCRP