Sign in to follow this  
Guest melf12

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Rumour?

Can anyone confirm the Microsoft have 'fired' their Flight Simulator Team 'Aces'?Bad news, if true.http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21981Ken
It seems to be true. Simflight.com has verified it yesterday with Aces' employees.Hopefully the Flight Sim franchise is sold to and continued by a 3rd party.But I guess it's save to say there won't be a FS11 for a very long time.Sad day :(

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

CONFIRMED!!!!The Microsoft Entertainment divisions where among the hardest hit and they were the first to go out of ~900 of the immediate 1,400 that were cut.What I am getting from my sources is that no products are being officially 'cut' but they are rearranging their priorities. That means that as it were MSFS is not officially 'dead' but don't expect FS11 any time soon (or Trainsim 2) or any further development on ESP (which is/was a finanical bomb BTW).However, you XBox guys will be happy to know that work is still ongoing on those titles since they are still profitable.If you still don't believe, see Hal Bryan's (FS Evangalist) Good bye - http://halbryan.spaces.live.com/blog/cns...!1892.entry*sigh*Mike T.

"ESP (which is/was a finanical bomb BTW)"Do you have factual knowledge of this or are you just speculating, again?

Guest B52Drivr
CONFIRMED!!!!The Microsoft Entertainment divisions where among the hardest hit and they were the first to go out of ~900 of the immediate 1,400 that were cut.What I am getting from my sources is that no products are being officially 'cut' but they are rearranging their priorities. That means that as it were MSFS is not officially 'dead' but don't expect FS11 any time soon (or Trainsim 2) or any further development on ESP (which is/was a finanical bomb BTW).However, you XBox guys will be happy to know that work is still ongoing on those titles since they are still profitable.If you still don't believe, see Hal Bryan's (FS Evangalist) Good bye - http://halbryan.spaces.live.com/blog/cns&a...!1892.entry*sigh*Mike T.
CONFIRMED!!!!The Microsoft Entertainment divisions where among the hardest hit and they were the first to go out of ~900 of the immediate 1,400 that were cut.What I am getting from my sources is that no products are being officially 'cut' but they are rearranging their priorities. That means that as it were MSFS is not officially 'dead' but don't expect FS11 any time soon (or Trainsim 2) or any further development on ESP (which is/was a finanical bomb BTW).However, you XBox guys will be happy to know that work is still ongoing on those titles since they are still profitable.If you still don't believe, see Hal Bryan's (FS Evangalist) Good bye - http://halbryan.spaces.live.com/blog/cns&a...!1892.entry*sigh*Mike T.

Guest B52Drivr

Hi ya Mike, Long time no talk. I guess you really are still alive<G>. Sent you a million e mails . . did you change your e mail addy? Get in touch.ClayClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Sundance Quarter HorsesToomsuba, MS USAB52Drivr@aol.com

Hi ya Mike, Long time no talk. I guess you really are still alive<G>. Sent you a million e mails . . did you change your e mail addy? Get in touch.ClayClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Sundance Quarter HorsesToomsuba, MS USAB52Drivr@aol.com
HA! Yeah, still here, I was doing my yearly spooky stuff as usual where I disappear for months on end and then reappear, slightly slimmer, missing two fillings, got some d@mned growth on my right thumb, but no worse for wear. My email server's harddrive got full and it stopped accepting mail while I was gone. :0) Email should be up and running again. I'll send you one when I get home from D.C. later on tonite. On my way to the airport, if I miss the last flight, I'm stuck here until tomorrow :-)Email me your phone numbers again though...the powers that be gave me a new cellphone and I lost all of my old contacts.CYA.Mike

Guest B52Drivr
HA! Yeah, still here, I was doing my yearly spooky stuff as usual where I disappear for months on end and then reappear, slightly slimmer, missing two fillings, got some d@mned growth on my right thumb, but no worse for wear. My email server's harddrive got full and it stopped accepting mail while I was gone. :0) Email should be up and running again. I'll send you one when I get home from D.C. later on tonite. On my way to the airport, if I miss the last flight, I'm stuck here until tomorrow :-)Email me your phone numbers again though...the powers that be gave me a new cellphone and I lost all of my old contacts.CYA.Mike