Sign in to follow this  
hookandbook2

Let your voice be heard!

I'm a member of Delta Virtual Airlines and started a thread on their forum regarding the demise of the FS team. Here is a link to the forum post:http://www.deltava.org/thread.do?id=0x1268a**************************************************The more people that contact Microsoft telling them "WE" want our Microsoft Flight Simulator the better the chances are it'll be brought back. Pass this contact info on to as many forums as possible!!Yes, this may be a long shot, but let us NOT just sit here, let us try and do something about it!https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/ema...08&ws=mscom Michael A. BrownAnaheim, CAUSA

I sent my submission in.JimCYWG

Hi,So the Help and Support folks are going to convince the bean counters that we want our FS back?

Hi,So the Help and Support folks are going to convince the bean counters that we want our FS back?
If you have a better idea than feel free to post ... like I said, it is a long shot, but if enough noise is made the powers that be will notice.Mike Brown

I have a better idea. Face the reality of the situation.2.2 Million people lost their jobs last year in the U.S. The US is in the worse recession since WW II and arguably teetering on the brink of a depression. All of our major banks are on the verge of collapse. Our automotive industry is on the verge of collapse. Our 401ks are worth at least 25% less than it was a year ago. Foreclosures are so bad that in some communities 1 in 10 homes are in some state of foreclosure and this year millions will lose their homes. Today, Microsoft reluctantly announced 5,000 layoffs. Tonight you are sending a petition to customer service to ask them to continue making a game that in no way will help Microsoft weather this finanical storm...which is why they cut Aces in the first place. Not to be mean, but isn't your petition sought of like being on the Titanic and yelling at the bartender because he ran out of your favorite wine at the exact moment that the ship hits the iceberg? I dunno, but is it possible that MS might have other priorities right now? Just a thought to put it in perspective. I'm sad at the news too. But I think that Petitions to Microsoft's Customer Service department will be as useful as a submarine with a screen door.Mike T.

Hi,How about this: sit back for 6 months and wait and see what happens instead of purely emotional, knee-jerk, reactions?FS9 is still here.FSX is still here.FSX11 was still 2 years away, even before this announcement.

Yep, best to wait and see what happens naturally. FS is a profitable title for MS, and I doubt they'll just let it die. Regardless, as long as there are third parties making FS add-ons, the hobby will continue. I've spent $600 in the last 12 months on add-ons for FS9, a five-year-old program, and there's much more still available (don't tell the wife). And I used to be active in the Falcon 4 community, which is still carrying on 10 years after the original game was released. This is sad news for the folks who've lost their jobs, and that's all too common these days (trust me - I work in the financial services sector).

John G.

What happens after 6 months.JimCYWG

What happens after 6 months? The severs at Microsoft, that provide Real world weather for FlightSim, will be turned off. :(RJ

What did the Help and Support Division do with your email? They filed it with the others, in the round file cabinet or in their folder called Recycled.

I'm in no rush for the next one. I still haven't even migrated to FSX and am still buying add-ons for FS9. As I've seen in news blips, they've only canned the development team, but still are holding on to their titles and support of them. If you're worried about the MS weather servers closing (which I doubt they will quite yet), I'd look into one of the weather add-ons such as Active Sky.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

I'm in no rush for the next one. I still haven't even migrated to FSX and am still buying add-ons for FS9. As I've seen in news blips, they've only canned the development team, but still are holding on to their titles and support of them. If you're worried about the MS weather servers closing (which I doubt they will quite yet), I'd look into one of the weather add-ons such as Active Sky.
I'll have to consider Active Sky. ThanksRJ

The dust will settle a bit and the picture will be a lot clearer.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

What did the Help and Support Division do with your email? They filed it with the others, in the round file cabinet or in their folder called Recycled.
Perhaps we could dispense with the disparaging comments.

Perhaps we could dispense with the disparaging comments.
Agreed,,, It's not the time nor place for a "Commercial Member" to make such negative comments.RJ