Sign in to follow this  
hookandbook2

Let your voice be heard!

I am equally saddened to see the turn of events and the firing of most of the ACES team, but this is the reality of the world we live in and have to accept the fact.Maybe.......and this is purely hypothetical.......it may be an opportunity for all the major Add-on developers and big players to pool in their resources and give us an absolutely new FS platform. With all their experience and know how gleaned over the years to tweak and go beyond the boxed capabilities of FS9 or FSX, I am sure this could mark the beginning of a new era. Just a thought.Dinshaw.

I have a better idea. Face the reality of the situation.2.2 Million people lost their jobs last year in the U.S. The US is in the worse recession since WW II and arguably teetering on the brink of a depression. All of our major banks are on the verge of collapse. Our automotive industry is on the verge of collapse. Our 401ks are worth at least 25% less than it was a year ago. Foreclosures are so bad that in some communities 1 in 10 homes are in some state of foreclosure and this year millions will lose their homes. Today, Microsoft reluctantly announced 5,000 layoffs. Tonight you are sending a petition to customer service to ask them to continue making a game that in no way will help Microsoft weather this finanical storm...which is why they cut Aces in the first place. Not to be mean, but isn't your petition sought of like being on the Titanic and yelling at the bartender because he ran out of your favorite wine at the exact moment that the ship hits the iceberg? I dunno, but is it possible that MS might have other priorities right now? Just a thought to put it in perspective. I'm sad at the news too. But I think that Petitions to Microsoft's Customer Service department will be as useful as a submarine with a screen door.Mike T.
You along with Barack Hussein Obama, Mark Faber , Stephen Roach and Warren Buffett seem to be the only people in the US who can see the absolute disaster descending upon the USA ,UK and to varying degrees to the rest of the world.I have a long time mate who works at the highest level in Finance in Honkers (HKG).He made a comment recently over a few sherbets that he had heard a rumour that M$ was shifting FS to China or India.Tas

Guest Tingoose

Come on, as J S Korna says, we have FS9 and FSX. These two can serve our flightsimming needs for many years to come, whether there is the prospect of another iteration MSFS or not. In fact I'd go as far as to say, that the prospect of a settled period wothout such an iteration will enable third party developers to concentrate on developing excellent products without having to look over their shoulders at a new version on the horizon which might require a recoding of their existing products. I for one am still enjoying FS9 and haven't even got FSX yet. Finally, maybe the absence of an MSFS might encourage the development of a new flight simulator which might even top FSX.

Maybe.......and this is purely hypothetical.......it may be an opportunity for all the major Add-on developers and big players to pool in their resources and give us an absolutely new FS platform. With all their experience and know how gleaned over the years to tweak and go beyond the boxed capabilities of FS9 or FSX, I am sure this could mark the beginning of a new era. Just a thought.Dinshaw.
Can you imagine?That would be the most ridiculously amazing sim.In the mean time I think if we just wait it out then MS will bring it back.As someone else stated the sim wasn't epected to be released in the next two years so it really does not matter at the momentRichy

They haven't thrown away the code - it has been archived.That means it will be ready to be unarchived and forge ahead when economic times improve.Get back to flying FS9/FSX and enjoy. The incremental improvements to hardware will not stall completely and think how a standard PC in 12-24 months time will drive what we have and the add-ons to come.Aybe

I still think it is a good idea to sign the petition no matter where it goes. Probably strait to the trash folder. At least I can say I signed it and tried. It's like voting in an election. Wasn't the Florida vote a few years ago won by only a few votes. Sorry people this probably won't but with a slim chance may make a difference but probably not. If that make any sense.]JimCYWG

Hi all,I do not see how it can hurt, I sent in commentBob

Guest self64
You along with Barack Hussein Obama, Mark Faber , Stephen Roach and WarrenBuffett seem to be the only people in the US who can see the absolute disaster descending upon the USA ,UK and to varying degrees to the rest of the world.I have a long time mate who works at the highest level in Finance in Honkers (HKG).He made a comment recently over a few sherbets that he had heard a rumour that M$ was shifting FS to China or India.Tas
These rumors, alongwith the recent ones about MS not willing to give MSFS codes away, may be the '1+1' equation tracing the future of the FS platform.If they were planning to collect further money from their move, and to definitively leave the FS franchise, they would have put codes on sale too.Since they don't and they won't, I must assume they have plans about that (although this may even mean they plan to move that to consoles.....)Anyway, although their PR statements may actually sound as pure 'face washing', they NEVER said the FS saga has come to its definitive end.

I have a better idea. Face the reality of the situation.2.2 Million people lost their jobs last year in the U.S. The US is in the worse recession since WW II and arguably teetering on the brink of a depression. All of our major banks are on the verge of collapse. Our automotive industry is on the verge of collapse. Our 401ks are worth at least 25% less than it was a year ago. Foreclosures are so bad that in some communities 1 in 10 homes are in some state of foreclosure and this year millions will lose their homes. Today, Microsoft reluctantly announced 5,000 layoffs.
Negative, Carter's administration was worse than today.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Negative, Carter's administration was worse than today.
True, the worst since the late 70's.Unfortunately the Economy has a lot to do with confidence.We keep telling ourselves its the worst since the depression, it most assuredly will end up so.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest magnum_force
What happens after 6 months? The severs at Microsoft, that provide Real world weather for FlightSim, will be turned off. :(RJ
It could be grounds for a lawsuit.The box specifies "real world weather" as a selling point.When we buy a product from MS or any other company, you enter into a contract of sorts.You buy our product and we provide you this service.So, it would be a " Breech of ".I spent allot of money for all my versions of MS Flight Simulator.We all have.

Windows 95 is no longer supported by Microsoft. Are you going to sue over that? The only thing you are accepting is the User License. Microsoft is not promising you anything. And there has been no talk of the weather or activation stopping.

Guest Alphahawk3
True, the worst since the late 70's.Unfortunately the Economy has a lot to do with confidence.We keep telling ourselves its the worst since the depression, it most assuredly will end up so.Regards.Ernie.
FSX is going to fall where it falls..I am on disability pay and had just purchased a new i7 rig in advance of what I thought was in a year or so release of FS 11. Had I known now I would not have done it...but it is done and it was MY choice. I can afford the hit....but what no one says about the foreclosures is....most of them bought way more house than they could afford and stupid banks made loans a young private in the Army would have known better than to make. Yes it is bad and as you say in your statement " We keep telling ourselves its the worst since the depression, it most assuredly will end up so". Unemployment is at what 7....8%....does anyone ever say "93% of the people in the US have a job?" I guess if you are out of work unemployment is 100%. I have been there and it is no fun and I don't wish ill on anyone. I guess a lot of us are just venting on here...I know I am......but if I am alive in 2 years from now we will all be right here talking about some new plane...scenery....maybe even a new sim. Someone sent me a link about all of this doom and gloom and I forget who...a man from the FTX forum.....and it speaks volumes Ernie about what you say....as for me I am not participating in the resession......I just bought a new 12 foot fly rod yesterday getting ready for the spring bluegill run here in Tennessee....and I am still trying to decide what traffic package to buy. When I run out of money and can't buy anything then I will stop. But now is not the time for me to be doom and gloom....but I still feel bad for those who are not as fortunate as those of us who have a monthly income and I wish them all a quick return to a good living. http://www.indepthinfo.com/articles/tuchmans-law.shtml Regards