Sign in to follow this  
JimD737

Inactive RW pilots unite and untie!

So,With MS exercising the "fuel shutoff valve," how many other inactive pilots like me will be slowly moving back to the RW cockpit?After my AME died about two years ago, I let my medical lapse. It was a miracle if he got the EKG thingy to work right on the third try. Nice guy though.To tell you the truth I missed it, but not the cold. At times I was too busy to notice I missed it.If you are in the skies between KTTN & KPNE in 2009, watch out for a rental 172 not using enough rudder, flying a B52 pattern and usually above the visual glideslope.How about you?Jim

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

Probably not. My class II lapsed about five years ago, shortly before I began building a 727. Flying (and building) the 727 sim is still cheaper than renting around here. I've thought about it though and I don't want to say 'never', because I probably will eventually climb back into Cessna or Piper cockpit at some point down the road.