Sign in to follow this  
Guest Coneman

Recent L1011 release -- Wing views?

I'm just curious as to whether the recent L1011 release added to the library offers wing views. Even if it doesn't, how to folks like it? I'm on the fence as whether to DL her, only due to bandwidth issues, as it'd be a 90 minute dl on my connection.

John, It does indeed have wing views and it's a wonderful bird to fly. The model is great but the only problem I really had was that while in cruise it kept going up in down. That is just a minor problem but all in all I would definatly d/l it.Daniel

John, I would recommend it as probably the best L1011 model yet for FS. It only bobs up and down for me on autopilot, manually it is a decent plane to fly. It comes with an ok panel and fairly nice sounds that I am using. You of course then have to download my repaint of her :) It has a few minor visual issues but they are really small things, overall the shape and size are right on. Go download it!Hornit

Guest HeavyFan

Hey Hornit, great work on the DELTA Repaint you did i love it!! And yes this model does have wing view's! Also Hornit, would you consider doing an ATA Regular livery or the Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays Livery on this L-1011 model? As I used to see them everyday coming into my Home airport of HNL Intl! MIKE

Thanks to all... I DL'd the L1011 last night, and I've enjoyed it. I'm interested in seeing how FFX's L1011 will compare. I did not have the bobbing during cruise with A/P selected. I used to get that when I first purchased FS2002 with most aircraft, but then it went away after I applied some odd tweak. Lord if I remember what it was, I'm sorry to say. I do know that sometimes a combination of tweaks to pitch stability, elevator effectiveness, and elevator trim effectiveness, will help. I also know that engaging the A/P before the aircraft has reached a stable climb can cause it too.Back to the L1011--I love the sounds and the panel, and overall quality of the aircraft. I did note one minor issue with the wing, and I emailed and suggested the author look at it when he does his next update. The flap pylons don't reflect those on an actual L1011 wing. But that is not an uncommon issue with many aircraft, freeware or payware. I think the only way to get them right is to browse wing closeup shots at airliners.net. 3-views just don't seem to allow for enough detail. I give POSKY a lot of credit--they really nailed the look on their 747. I think the same is true on Ariane's 737.I've been playing with FSDS 2 a lot, and after I released my Microlight, I realized all the mistakes I made. Looking at this L1011, I think it's author did an outstanding job, and left an aircraft that will populate our forums with screenshots for a long, long time. My last flight on Delta was on an L1011, between SLC and PHX. On top of that, I was bumped into first class. I'm so happy someone has recognized this aircraft, and has done such a fine job with it!-John

Guest Coneman

Hey John,You gotta be a happy pup with all these aircraft with wing views coming out! You probably know this but the last version of Harold's A310 has them, also CSI's new A3XX series, which has started with the A318.Cheers,Todd