Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gary Buska

Question about the race

Guest Gary Buska

What is the order in which to start a race leg. I would think that it would be as stated below1. Make sure everything is off that does not need to be on, such as automatic updates and such2. Start FS 3. Start up hamachi4. start multiplayer session5. Start up Team Speak6. Position air craft at starting point and make a flight plan.7. Start up the Duenna I am not sure at what point do you make your post that you have the baton and where do you make it at? Here or somewhere else?Do you have to wait until aircraft is at a gate before shutting down the Duenna and making the post that the baton is free.This is all a little foggy to me.Do you have to post your flight plan and is someone monitoring you and acting as ATC (air traffic control)

GaryThe race is a relay in real time. There is no flight plan to be filed. The team generally has an agreed upon plan so we know where we are flying the next several legs. WE run the race online and coordinate who is taking legs as baton holder and wingman, working to get people into the rotation when it they are available. Others online during legs act as weather observers and scouts. When you are taking a baton or a wingman leg, you post the initial race thread I have baton XXXX to XXXX in P-38 and then take off after the previous Baton carrier posts that the baton is free with their valid Duenna. When you finish a leg and land, you stop as soon as you can on the runway so the Duenna stopps the baton. Chekc the output file and make sure it is valid and post a reply to your own "I Have Baton" post that "Baton is Free XXXX" and attach your JPG and TXT file and then just pull off in the grass. At that point, the pilot and wingman for the next leg will post "I have the Baton XXXX to XXXX" and take off.We are online now doing some practice.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro