Sign in to follow this  
Guest jps611

Wilco/Feelthere A320

Guest jps611

I have been flying the Wilco/Feelthere A320 for a while now, but lately I have encountered a strange problem.During a normal flight everything is fine and as it should be, but the landing is truly strange.On the landing rollout, the spoilers come up, the thrust reversers deploy, but all of a sudden the engines rev so high that I cannot get the plane to stop, even with heavy breaking. I have even had to take off again! After doing a go-around I am able to land with no problems. I am also able to use the save flight feature of FS9 and pick up the landing portion of the flight and land normally. This is the only plane that I have this problem with and it only started recently. I even uninstalled the plane and reinstalled the latest version, but still the same problem.Any ideas would be appreciated.Thanksjps611

Autopilot and autothrust are both off.Thanksjps611
The ALPHA FLOOR system (protection against high alpha) can trigger even if autopilot and autothrust are off. I guess this is what happens here (A.FLOOR is displayed in the first column of the FMA, followed by TOGA LK).It just happens because you try to fly below the minimum speed, which triggers TOGA power and locks it.Eric

Hey Eric, Alpha floor should not be active below a certain altitude, My father used to be on the A330/340 it's been a while since I've had a chance to study the FCTM but from what I remember it's around 50ft RAThis is to prevent G/A thrust being applied due to a low speed situtation during the flare.CheersRobEdit - here's what a quick search turned up http://en.allexperts.com/q/Aerospace-Aviat...2437/Airbus.htmLooks like it's 100ft RA

Rob Prest

Guest jps611
Hey Eric, Alpha floor should not be active below a certain altitude, My father used to be on the A330/340 it's been a while since I've had a chance to study the FCTM but from what I remember it's around 50ft RAThis is to prevent G/A thrust being applied due to a low speed situtation during the flare.CheersRobEdit - here's what a quick search turned up http://en.allexperts.com/q/Aerospace-Aviat...2437/Airbus.htmLooks like it's 100ft RA
Thanks for the replies folks. But, my question is, how do I get rid of this problem?. I have tried landing at a higher speed, but the throttles still go to full power. Like I said, I have been flying this plane for a long time and I have just started seeing this problem recently.Thanksjps611

Like Eric and Scoob suggested it's probably best to ask on the support forum. A picture of the FMA would help, the only thing I can think of is a hardware fault with your throttles. If there is spike or your null settings are screwed then retarding to full Idle could be causing the throttles to command max thrust. Is the aircraft going into TOGA thrust or a Alpha floor situation? do you see TOGA LK on the FMA? or are you getting max thrust with the A/THR disengaged (This should never be possible on the real aircraft)RobAlso if your not 'Fully Idle' and still in the CLB gate on touchdown the real aircraft can command max thrust. (this is partly what killed everyone in the TAM A320 Accident)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TAM_Linhas_A%...eas_Flight_3054

Rob Prest