Sign in to follow this  
bojote

DX10 for WinXP

There was a news item in the Avsim front page, it was removed already.I'm interested in knowing if there is any kind of improvement installing it.Thanks,

There was a news item in the Avsim front page, it was removed already.I'm interested in knowing if there is any kind of improvement installing it.Thanks,
Mee too, anyone know anything about it ?I thought DX10 was just for vista etc.Thanks.

It reported that an AVSIM staff member saw 40-60 fps improvement with a WinXP port of DX10 in FS2004. Given that FS2004 was written to use DX9, I can't imagine how that could be the case.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest lgvpilot1

I glanced at that story eariler with a bucket full of scepticism.I might be willing to try it , but how easy would it be to roll back to DX9I suppose i should have read the review a bit more ,but I got as far as someone dissmissing the screenshots as artists renderings and dropped the review there.But Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say .So!! Who is brave /daft/computer savy enough to give it a shot MarkEDIT just found the linkDX10 for XP

this has been discussed before. there WAS a group stating they would 'hack' DX10 to work with winXP. that group failed and i believe their blog/www has closed. my guess is a forum search, and a search of other flightsim related forums, may find details and maybe the old link.VISTA and DX10 share 'new code' that cannot be 'forced back' to work with winXP.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest lgvpilot1

I hear what you are saying ScoobYou can play a dx7 or 8 game on a dx9 machine but I have never noticed an improvement in the way the link i posted has hinted at I loved the Enemy engaged series and that was modded out of recognition from the original , but the thing that holds it back from the modders really letting rip is the fact that it is not dx9 So i really cant see what this would bring to the table !As I said earlier maybe some brave soul will come along and make me eat my wordsMark

Search through Phil Taylor's older blog entries. Several months ago he posted a link to a statement by the "developers" that they were throwing in the towel, since they were simply unable to realize their theories.As a result, they dropped the idea completely.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi,My guess the frontpage was hacked. It was only a 2 line message with a link directly to that website. If it indeed came from one of the AVSIM Staff, it would have been posted in one of the forums, and linked to the forum on the main site.Just a Hoax.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I saw it. I was dumb enough to try it. It did nothing. There seemed to be no benefit or disadvantage. The installer was in Russian I believe. I decided to remove it and use the restore point I made before I installed this. My advise for what it's worth is don't mess with it. Anyway. my story and I am sticking to it.Pat Callaghan

Hi,My guess the frontpage was hacked. It was only a 2 line message with a link directly to that website. If it indeed came from one of the AVSIM Staff, it would have been posted in one of the forums, and linked to the forum on the main site.Just a Hoax.

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

I thought it was an early April fool joke.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I thought it was an early April fool joke.
I am sure it was! I am running FS9 in Vista with DX10 installed. None or no obvious improvement at all!Hugo

I saw it too.I copied the link immediately.Have no tecchnical knowledge about it.http://www.techmixer.com/download-directx-10-for-windows-xp/H.
READ THIS:http://alkyproject.blogspot.com/"Sunday, January 06, 2008It is with great sadness that I announce the closing of Falling Leaf Systems, LLC. We set out over a year ago to provide users of both "old and unsupported" as well as "alternative" Operating Systems the ability to run the latest games for the PC. Unfortunately, Falling Leaf Systems was unable to achieve that goal."Over a year ago, the developers of this threw in the towel and admitted their complete failure...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Good luck dealing with whatever malware infection this is most certainly putting onto your machine...LOL @ them using the fake promo FSX screenshot as if it's real too.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com