Sign in to follow this  
matta757

Changing Altitude Announcement Sounds

Hey,I wanted to changed the audio for the altitude callouts (2500, 1000, 500, etc.) in my PSS 757's (and any other aircraft that use those generic callouts) using audio from an in-the-cockpit 757 DVD that I have, but I cannot find the .WAV files, does anyone know where they would be and how I can overwrite them with different audio?Thanks,Matt

Hey,I wanted to changed the audio for the altitude callouts (2500, 1000, 500, etc.) in my PSS 757's (and any other aircraft that use those generic callouts) using audio from an in-the-cockpit 757 DVD that I have, but I cannot find the .WAV files, does anyone know where they would be and how I can overwrite them with different audio?Thanks,Matt
Hi Matt,these call outs are stored in a gauge. For help on editing gauges you should go to the "Aircraft and Panes Design Forum" http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=122BTW, as I remember the PSS Boeing GPWS callouts sound like the real thing. If the callouts on your DVD sound different, then maybe the are made by the co-pilot and not by the GPWS.CheersWolfgang

Hi Matt,these call outs are stored in a gauge. For help on editing gauges you should go to the "Aircraft and Panes Design Forum" http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=122BTW, as I remember the PSS Boeing GPWS callouts sound like the real thing. If the callouts on your DVD sound different, then maybe the are made by the co-pilot and not by the GPWS.CheersWolfgang
Hey,Thanks for the help... the PSS ones are a little different, not much, but they are. The ones on the DVD are not called out by the pilots and they are consistent across the different DVD's I have with 757's on them. Do you happen to know which gauge it is?Matt

Do you happen to know which gauge it is?
I'll check tonight!Cheers, Wolfgang

Call out's on the same type can very slightly as a company option. Check either the PSS folder or the main FS9 sound folder and check if there is a sub folder called PSS and then replace the wav files. Rob

Rob Prest

Hi Matt,My appologies for the delay in answering.Open the panel.cfg of the PSS 757 by using the editor. You will find the panel.cfg in the folder Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PSS-B757\panelIn the Window00 section of the panel.cfg you will find the linegauge15=PSS-B757!GPWS, 1804,1342,244,194 (it does not necessarely have to be gauge15)So the GPWS gouge is a sub gauge of the PSS-B757.gau which is located in the main guges folder of fs9. So what you can do is editing this PSS-B757.gau. But be aware that you absolutely have to know wht you are doing.A much easier and saver work around, which will probably work (I'm not 100 % sure though) is to delete the line gauge15=PSS-B757!GPWS, 1804,1342,244,194 from the aircraft.cfg and to substitute this gauge with one of the GPWS gauges, which are available in the net for download (If you don't find any, I'll can mail you one). If also these gauges are not to your liking, then it is still easier to edit these single gauges then to edit the very complex PSS-B757 main gauge.Let me know if it worked.Cheers wolfgang

Hi Matt,My appologies for the delay in answering.Open the panel.cfg of the PSS 757 by using the editor. You will find the panel.cfg in the folder Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PSS-B757\panelIn the Window00 section of the panel.cfg you will find the linegauge15=PSS-B757!GPWS, 1804,1342,244,194 (it does not necessarely have to be gauge15)So the GPWS gouge is a sub gauge of the PSS-B757.gau which is located in the main guges folder of fs9. So what you can do is editing this PSS-B757.gau. But be aware that you absolutely have to know wht you are doing.A much easier and saver work around, which will probably work (I'm not 100 % sure though) is to delete the line gauge15=PSS-B757!GPWS, 1804,1342,244,194 from the aircraft.cfg and to substitute this gauge with one of the GPWS gauges, which are available in the net for download (If you don't find any, I'll can mail you one). If also these gauges are not to your liking, then it is still easier to edit these single gauges then to edit the very complex PSS-B757 main gauge.Let me know if it worked.Cheers wolfgang
My question here is, are the audio files for the GPWS callouts stored within the .gau file, or are they .wav files located somewhere in FS's Sounds folder?I'd look in the Sounds folder off the root FS9 folder for the callout audio files you're looking to replace, and overwrite these files with .wav files of the callouts from your DVD if you find them. If they're there, you don't even need to replace the gauge. If you can't find the .wav files, then you'll probably have to replace the gauge...

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

My question here is, are the audio files for the GPWS callouts stored within the .gau file, or are they .wav files located somewhere in FS's Sounds folder?I'd look in the Sounds folder off the root FS9 folder for the callout audio files you're looking to replace, and overwrite these files with .wav files of the callouts from your DVD if you find them. If they're there, you don't even need to replace the gauge. If you can't find the .wav files, then you'll probably have to replace the gauge...
that's my issue, i can't find the .wav files ANYWHERE on my entire computer, so they must be contained in the gauge... all i want to do is overwrite the wav files!Wolfko thanks for all your help, I may need to contact you via email for some additional help as no one in the gauge forum responded!

that's my issue, i can't find the .wav files ANYWHERE on my entire computer, so they must be contained in the gauge... all i want to do is overwrite the wav files!Wolfko thanks for all your help, I may need to contact you via email for some additional help as no one in the gauge forum responded!
Hi The .WAV files are stored in the gauge so i suggest you to download resource tuner trial.You can edit gauges and change .WAV files in them.Sorry for the long long long response time.Hope that helps