Sign in to follow this  
lightplane

Very late landing clearance

I've been running Radar Contact 4.3 in FSX. I use FS Passengers X and Active Sky Advanced. I have noticed with one or the other running, or both running, that there are sometimes long delays between pressing a button and the voice calling, or a long time in waiting for a response. This is especially bad on final, when I get landing clearance just as my wheels are touching down. Is there a way to force more processing priority to RC4? (I'm assuming this is the problem).Thanks

I've been running Radar Contact 4.3 in FSX. I use FS Passengers X and Active Sky Advanced. I have noticed with one or the other running, or both running, that there are sometimes long delays between pressing a button and the voice calling, or a long time in waiting for a response. This is especially bad on final, when I get landing clearance just as my wheels are touching down. Is there a way to force more processing priority to RC4? (I'm assuming this is the problem).Thanks
do you have the option to display text, checked on the rc options screen? if so, uncheck it.jd

do you have the option to display text, checked on the rc options screen? if so, uncheck it.jd
Thanks for the reply - no I don't have the display text option.

Thanks for the reply - no I don't have the display text option.
do you have all the sliders on the voices page, all the way to the left?if this is still a problem, create a .log and send it to me. instructions pinned to the top of the forumjd

If ASA has it, try turning off the Flightwatch option. That would be one less audio rendering process. It might be going on in the background even if you are not on (I think) 122.0 for continuously monitoring weather. It is not the same as ATIS on request.RC requires fast access to your HD to assemble the audio (wav files). Make sure you are not running it on a slow USB external drive. If you must use an external drive consider an eSATA if your workstation has an external eSATA port. It is better to have local internal drives. Avoid Prerecorded AI Chatter and just leave AI Chatter checked in the General Tab.You need to post your Win and FS versions, and your workstation processor type, and perhaps someone on this forum can suggest how to set up priorities for your workstation.