Sign in to follow this  
Guest policeman

How long we have to wait for the ASA Patch?

Guest policeman

Hi, I bought the ASA-Programm several weeks ago and I am a little bit angry about waitig for so long for the patch. I use ASV 6 for many years and it works well, but to pay for something, that I can not use, isn

Roland, have you tried re-downloading with your virus scan off? It's strange that you cannot even use it. Just a suggestion. Good Luck.

Guest policeman

Do you thing. it is the virus scan? With ASV 6 everything works fine. Is this the problem and works all well with the Beta patch? In the forum, I can not read, that it all works well. I use Avira Antivir. Can you tell me, how I can switch out the Weather download scan?Roland

Sometimes a virus scan can foul an execution file. The other, I don't know. I would try re-installing and the patch they now have.

Roland, have you tried re-downloading with your virus scan off? It's strange that you cannot even use it. Just a suggestion. Good Luck.
I have exactly the same problems as Roland, so to me it doesn't seem strange that he can't use it. I hope the patch will allow me to make use of ASA.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hi All,I am a bit confused here so please help me out.There has been a beta patch out for a few weeks now. Some more issues were uncovered and reported. So now we take those and start to reprogram those into ASA. This is a dual platform program so we need to make sure that we don't "break" something on one side of the platform and also make sure we don't "break" something on the other side of the platform. None of this is a quick, easy process so I am not sure what you expect?Now there is mention of not being able to download. Download what? The program, the patch, weather data? I read these posts many times and still couldn't figure it out!Please help me out so I can help you guys out!!Thanks,

Guest policeman

Good morning Jim. It is easy. You have my money, I have your product but it doesn

Hi All,I am a bit confused here so please help me out.There has been a beta patch out for a few weeks now. Some more issues were uncovered and reported. So now we take those and start to reprogram those into ASA. This is a dual platform program so we need to make sure that we don't "break" something on one side of the platform and also make sure we don't "break" something on the other side of the platform. None of this is a quick, easy process so I am not sure what you expect?Now there is mention of not being able to download. Download what? The program, the patch, weather data? I read these posts many times and still couldn't figure it out!Please help me out so I can help you guys out!!Thanks,
JimThanks for getting back to us. You're right, my post needs clarification. I have no download problems with anything. I do have these problems that Roland mentioned: "wrong wind, flickering and suddenly changing clouds."I must admit that I haven't tried the Beta patch, but that's because I was a little worried about doing so. I'm not much of a computer expert/tweaker/fiddler around so tend to be afraid of 'beta' things. That may seem odd to you, but just seems cautious to me. Perhaps I should try this beta fix - what do you recommend? ASA is my third Hi-Fi sim purchase and the first I've ever had a problem with. Please don't think I'm being rude or unfriendly, that's not my intention. On the other hand I am keen to have my issues resolved and curious as to when that may be.Let me add Jim that I have the utmost respect for you and all the time and trouble you take on these forums to help your customers.

Gavin Barbara

Good morning Jim. It is easy. You have my money, I have your product but it doesn

Good morning Jim, it is easy. You have my moneys and I have your product and it works very well on my system and I AM VERY HAPPY with it. So I can wait as long as you deem it necessary without patching it at all. I want my assertive opinion to be heard in this thread as well.Dirk98.
Thank you for you positive contribution to the solution of our issues. I'm happy that ASA works well for you. I'm sure you'd be happy for me if I didn't have any problems. As an aside 'money' is an uncountable noun that normally has no plural form in modern English usage. In certain cases, legal English for example, it is not unusual to use the form 'monies' though there is no such form as 'moneys'. Hopefully I have contributed towards improving your already admirable English.

Gavin Barbara

Thank you for you positive contribution to the solution of our issues. I'm happy that ASA works well for you. I'm sure you'd be happy for me if I didn't have any problems. As an aside 'money' is an uncountable noun that normally has no plural form in modern English usage. In certain cases, legal English for example, it is not unusual to use the form 'monies' though there is no such form as 'moneys'. Hopefully I have contributed towards improving your already admirable English.
Ok, how about this: My 'moneys' was a simple adaptation to the sound of 'it doesn

I hope HiFi Sim will not rush to change anything in the perfectly working ASA software, and that was the point of my post, in case you missed it.Dirk98.
Below is a list of items fixed in the update beta - in case you missed it. You are very lucky not to need any of these fixes, or do you mean that after installing the update beta your ASA now runs perfectly and that you need no further fixes? On 17 Jan in a different post Jim wrote "We marked other issues that the beta did not fix, so the team is looking at those as well." I'm sure we can agree that they wouldn't be doing this if it weren't necessary.I do not dispute in any way that your version of ASA works perfectly for you. That's nice. Mine doesn't - but I'm confident that it will eventually.Fixes:- Fixed problem with OOM in certain situations- Reduced problem with Direct Wind Control in FSX causing occasional excessive aircraft

Gavin Barbara

Below is a list of items fixed in the update beta - in case you missed it. You are very lucky not to need any of these fixes...
When you have a chance to practically try the Beta instead of just quoting parts of the text written by other people (developers in this case) you may find it FAULTY like I did and some other people who reported already the ERROR on submitting the textures. I hope the next patch will not be rushed by unsubstantiated by any means bull like 'You have my money, I have your product but it doesn

Hi All,1. Let's stop the nit picking over the usage of some words. That doesn't solve anything.2. If you are looking to fix any of the issues on the SP1 Beta fix list, please download and install the SP1 beta.3. If you cannot wait any longer for an official SP, then please drop me an email and I'll process a refund. We want users to be satisfied!Thanks,

Guest ashwath

hey guys, just give HIFI some time and they will sort it out. the beta works well too although there are some bugs but it is not going to mess up ur system in anyway. try the beta and u will be surprised. if ur gonna wait all the way till SP1 official comes out then probably u'll start hating ASA RTM. so give the beta a shot.regards,