Sign in to follow this  
Guest policeman

How long we have to wait for the ASA Patch?

hey guys, just give HIFI some time and they will sort it out. the beta works well too although there are some bugs but it is not going to mess up ur system in anyway. try the beta and u will be surprised. if ur gonna wait all the way till SP1 official comes out then probably u'll start hating ASA RTM. so give the beta a shot.regards,
ashwath, to make it clear, I reiterate there ARE problems in the current beta that are going to mess up your original installation of ASA in a specific configuration (being ASA installed on a Client PC and submitting textures to the Main PC). It has been reported already. In my case I had to reinstall and I'm happily enjoying the original release. Yes, give HIFI some time, they ARE known for perfectionism.Cheers,Dirk98.

Have a nice day.Dirk98.
Thank you, today's my birthday and I intend to. Also, let's stop arguing and have a friendly virtual pint (whatever you drink) on me and make up. After all, we both enjoy the same hobby. What do you say?As an aside, I downloaded and installed the patch and it seems to have solved most of my problems. Especially the wind shift problem. I guess that's just the 'weirdness' of the computer world for you.Jim - sorry for being a grumpy old fart. The beta update moves ASA from 'unusable' to 'looking pretty good' for me. Thanks.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

ashwath, to make it clear, I reiterate there ARE problems in the current beta that are going to mess up your original installation of ASA in a specific configuration (being ASA installed on a Client PC and submitting textures to the Main PC). It has been reported already. In my case I had to reinstall and I'm happily enjoying the original release. Yes, give HIFI some time, they ARE known for perfectionism.Cheers,Dirk98.
That's odd because I run ASA with the current beta version via a network and it works fine.

That's odd because I run ASA with the current beta version via a network and it works fine.
And I'm just enjoying the original release without demanding anything. Next official patch that will work on all configurations will be a bonus for me.Dirk.

I too have installed just the "pay" download and it is working fine on my system. I have published a review on the simFlight.com website (sorry for the shameless lug, dear Avsim :( As reviewer I had absolutely no problems with the "basic" product as purchased. I have not installed the beta, but I will keep an eye open for the patch and add commentary to the review when the time comes. Despite what some unlucky users are reporting here, this still is a "Must Have" addon. I do realise there is some emotion from the affected customers, but as an outsider, I can only recommend patience - the HiFi guys will come up with the goods, I am sure....and yes, even during the review I had a CTD or two - but that is not surprising, considering I was trying to do adiabatically incorrect things to the atmosphere... :(

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel