Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alias

Holding weahter "on"

Guest Alias

Hi,I have checked the option to be hold for weather reasons, but I wonder when I'll be given one. Yesterday, for example, I flew from LFPG to OMDB and arrived through a thunder storm which slammed the aircraft (MD11 PMDG) left and right like a rag doll. I hoped the controller told me to hold somewhere but he cleared me ILS as usual.Is there a specific weather report which trigers the hold from time to time?Thanks

Hi,I have checked the option to be hold for weather reasons, but I wonder when I'll be given one. Yesterday, for example, I flew from LFPG to OMDB and arrived through a thunder storm which slammed the aircraft (MD11 PMDG) left and right like a rag doll. I hoped the controller told me to hold somewhere but he cleared me ILS as usual.Is there a specific weather report which trigers the hold from time to time?Thanks
if there isn't a vor as the last checkpoint less than 5 miles from the destination, you will never be heldjd

What does the weather radio button do versus ON? Btw, is the hold only applying to the in-air procedures or ground also?The reason I'm asking is that I took a flight last night from KDEN (heavy snow) to KMSY, I was fourth in line for the departure, ATC cleared Frontier CRJ to taxi into position and never cleared it for take off for the 8 minutes that I was waiting there. I had to manually set AI to 0% to clear off all the traffic as I didn't really have the time to wait there. Any ideas?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

What does the weather radio button do versus ON? Btw, is the hold only applying to the in-air procedures or ground also?The reason I'm asking is that I took a flight last night from KDEN (heavy snow) to KMSY, I was fourth in line for the departure, ATC cleared Frontier CRJ to taxi into position and never cleared it for take off for the 8 minutes that I was waiting there. I had to manually set AI to 0% to clear off all the traffic as I didn't really have the time to wait there. Any ideas?
there is a section in the manual that tells you what the parameters for weather holds are. time of day, number of runways, conditions, etc.if ai are getting stuck, you may need to rebuild the rc scenery database. make sure you have the latest fsuipc and makerwys installed. links pinned at the top of the forumjd