Sign in to follow this  
Guest WFX264

INS contdown problem

Guest WFX264

Hello friends,me and my friend, we have a problem with the INS unit. We have the latest aircraft and INS version 1.51 installed.I made the same procedure as described in the INS video tutorial found on youtube and as i make it in the SSTSim Concorde, where it works.On the 737, the counter stops at "6" and did not allign.So, if someone has an idea, we would be thankfull.Best regardsKarsten

Hello friends,me and my friend, we have a problem with the INS unit. We have the latest aircraft and INS version 1.51 installed.I made the same procedure as described in the INS video tutorial found on youtube and as i make it in the SSTSim Concorde, where it works.On the 737, the counter stops at "6" and did not allign.So, if someone has an idea, we would be thankfull.Best regardsKarsten
Make sure the parking brake is set during alignment. Also, make sure that the startup situation is based on a default aircraft with the master battery and avionics switches turned on, per the readme. Best way is to load FS9 with the default C-172 or default King Air, make sure the master battery and avionics switches are on (and NAV/GPS switch is in NAV if so equipped) then switch to the TinMouse. After the 'mouse loads up, save the situation and use that as the starting situation for future flights in the mouse.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest WFX264
Make sure the parking brake is set during alignment. Also, make sure that the startup situation is based on a default aircraft with the master battery and avionics switches turned on, per the readme. Best way is to load FS9 with the default C-172 or default King Air, make sure the master battery and avionics switches are on (and NAV/GPS switch is in NAV if so equipped) then switch to the TinMouse. After the 'mouse loads up, save the situation and use that as the starting situation for future flights in the mouse.
Hi Bob, thank you very much.I had found exactly this solution yesterday evening. I used a default cessna to make the 737 cold and dark, and then it worked.The idea was not new. To set the PMDG cold and dark i use the same way. Thank you very much, its an great airplane!Best regardsKarsten

I am now encountering this same problem, as the INS stops counting down at 6...it used to complete the alignment. I am using the all proper procedures outlined in the ReadMe (and repeated above). Earlier this week I installed the FeelThere/Wilco Citation X....it worked before I installed that plane, but hasn't worked since. Does anyone know if something in that aircraft's setup (to cold and dark, via its setup program) would affect the INS?Thanks,Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I am now encountering this same problem, as the INS stops counting down at 6...it used to complete the alignment. I am using the all proper procedures outlined in the ReadMe (and repeated above). Earlier this week I installed the FeelThere/Wilco Citation X....it worked before I installed that plane, but hasn't worked since. Does anyone know if something in that aircraft's setup (to cold and dark, via its setup program) would affect the INS?Thanks,Jim
When in doubt, load the default 737 from the "Create a Flight" menu, make sure the batts and avionics are on, then switch over. FS does remember settings from one session to the next...the loading of a default airplane sets all the internal variables back to defaults.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Alternatively, you can delete file "B732ADV.Isd" (located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Civa) before starting FS. Then, when you turn on the INS, new "B732ADV.Isd" will be created and alignment will not stop at 6. Regards,Andrija

Alternatively, you can delete file "B732ADV.Isd" (located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Civa) before starting FS. Then, when you turn on the INS, new "B732ADV.Isd" will be created and alignment will not stop at 6. Regards,Andrija
Andrija - I tried this, but it didn't work for resolving the countdown problem. Interestingly, the countdown completes at some airports, but not others...very strange....Bob - I will try your suggestion to load the default 737-400 first, then switch to the Mouse.Thanks, and I will report findings later,Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I sometimes also have this annoying problem, the countdown stop at 65. What helps for me is removing the B732ins.Isd file before choosing the tinmouse. So that is not B732ADV.Isd, but B732ins.Isd !!Always fixes the problem as far as I've seen.success!

Another thing that I do these days is to start the INS up, give it the co-ordinates for allignment, set it to allign then turn it back to OFF, then start over again. Seems CIVA-INS remembers where you were last time you turned the GPS off and will error when you start somewhere new, The above procedure tricks it into working again most times..Still occasionally get it sticking at 6 5 , but not all that often.

Long time ago you posted these problems - but here's a short update:

Found a solution in the CIVA INS forum and tested it with success.

You don't have to delete the *.lds files in the CIVA folder. If the API doesn't count below "65" just enter the ramp position again and follow excatly the insertation process (LAT then INSERT (INSERT light doesn't extinguish), LON then insert (INSERT light extinguishes)). Watch the alignment proceeding. :P