Sign in to follow this  
huntr

MD11 Parking Brake Problem again

I have the MD11 for FS9 and the service update is installed :( I am operating with XP and have CH yoke and pedals and a sidewinder joystickThe aircraft is great and I have had no problems flying it :( I am having a problem with the MD11 park brake not engaging in FS9 - I have read several emails in the forum and have not been able to resolve this B) The engines are running and there is normal hydraulic pressure and there is no effect of AUX pump1I did not undertake any particular configuration of FSUIPC or particularly the yoke, pedals or joystick on installation since ALL my aircraft including PMDG 747 and 737s were working normallyI have tried to understand the discussions concerning the ideal configuration of pedals, yoke etc but no changes I have tried have solved the problem :( For anyone with a suggested solution please be quite specific about any changes - I am not to good with having to edit FSUIPC etc!!! Any help appreciatedThanksRichardCYHM

I know nothing of yokes and pedals, but I can suggest that you verify that the parking brake works without the add-ons when you press Ctrl+"." or when you "pull" the lever in the VC cockpit. Note also that releasing parking brakes is done by "tapping" the brakes with either the "." or the addon toe brakes.

Dan Downs KCRP

I know nothing of yokes and pedals, but I can suggest that you verify that the parking brake works without the add-ons when you press Ctrl+"." or when you "pull" the lever in the VC cockpit. Note also that releasing parking brakes is done by "tapping" the brakes with either the "." or the addon toe brakes.
Thanks Dan. As soon as the aircraft is loaded I hear the brakes release and they will not then engage - I cannot therefore release the brakes by pedals or lever because they are never engaged!! RichardCYHM

Oh, why didn't you say so? This is almost always caused by "noise" or spikes on the brake signal from your pedals. Disconnect the pedals and I bet the brakes don't release after startup. The fix is to use FSUIPC registered version which has a block you can check to remove spikes from the game controller.

Dan Downs KCRP

Oh, why didn't you say so? This is almost always caused by "noise" or spikes on the brake signal from your pedals. Disconnect the pedals and I bet the brakes don't release after startup. The fix is to use FSUIPC registered version which has a block you can check to remove spikes from the game controller.
Thanks Dan. I have repeatedly been through my FSUIPC (registered version) and cannot see where the "block" is.I have tried removing the axis (aircraft specific) in the Joystick settings #2 where the brakes are mentioned - doesn't make any difference. The only thing that corrects it temporarily is to go to the assignments - open the CH pedals and close them again WITHOUT making any changes to the settings! This after the aircraft is loaded! Brakes then work for the remainder of the flight but I have to go through same sequence each time I fly MD11Any further thoughts?RichardCYHM

Its the calibrate tab that is of interest to you, click on the RESET buttons next to toe brakes left and right, that's if its the same as the FSX version of FSUIPC, I cant remember as I've not used FS9 since 2006.You may have to remove the aircraft from the FSUIPC.ini altogether by hand editing the actual ini, then rebuild any aircraft specific settings afterwards via the FSUIPC in sim interface.

Cheers, Andy.