Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest itnomert

Capturing the Glideslope

OK HELLO THIS IS MY FIRST POST HERE AND IM NOT SURE IF IM POSTING IN THE RIGHT AREA, OR IF MY QUESTION WILL BE LAUGHED AT BUT HERE GOES.IM USING FSX STANDARD EDITION AND FOR SOME REASON, WHEN FLYING AN ILS APPROACH THE AIRCRAFT (ALWAYS THE DEFAULT 738, I JUST LIKE IT) NEVER CATCHES THE GLIDESLOPE, NEVER! I HAVE TRIES AT DIFFERENT AIRPORTS USING DIFFERENT CAT ILS', NOTHING. ALSO ID LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT IVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE, I KNOW PRETTY MUCH WHAT IM DOING AND HAVE BEEN PLAYIN FS SINCE 2002 EDITION, EVEN THEN IT WORKED! I APPROACH THE LOCALISER AS GUIDED BY ATC ALWAYS AT AROUND 145 KNOTS AND AT THE HEIGHT IVE BEEN CLEARED TO, THE GLIDESLOPE INDICATOR ON THE PFD MOVES DOWN, FILLS FROM HOLLOW PINK TO SOLID PINK, BUT JUST KEEPS GOING DOWN , YET THE PLANE STAYS LEVEL, i HAVE THE NAV/GPS SET TO NAVCAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY IDEAS? MAYBE SOMEONE WILL READ THIS N THINK WHAT AN IDIOT, BUT I USE FS PURELY FOR PLEASURE N I AM PROBABLY MISSING OUT SOME IMPORTANT POINT!ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED! STEVEN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Since you indicate that you know what you are doing and haven't had this problem before and I don't fly FSX, all I can think of is, are you hitting the APP switch when the glideslope indicator comes alive? Other than that I have no other suggestions. Sorry.Jim D.