Sign in to follow this  
Guest Don Stone

Removing two items from Dc3 aircraft

Guest Don Stone

I have just had an upgrade to my computer by way of a new power unit and a more powerful graphics card. I do most of my flying in the Dc3 and post upgrade have two problems which I cannot resolve or seem to find an answer. They are:- 1. Panel - Remove whatever it is that makes the full panel transparent and 2 - I get this continuous morse code beeping an ID for something and despite my best efforts to remove/cancel it through all the communications gauges it still persists. Accordingly, I would be greatful for any help/advice in this matter. Thankyou and advance. Don Stone

1) On the Settings/Display/Aircraft dialogue there is a 2-D panel transparency slider. Moving the slider to the left should solve your problem.2) On the Settings/Controls/Buttons/Keys/Radios dialogue there is an entry for ADF 1 (ident on/off) which has been assigned to Ctrl + 5. You will find a number of other radio ident on/off entries listed there. All have been assigned to a Ctrl + number combination, but not all radios have been listed. If your radio has not been listed then just experiment with the Ctrl + number combinations until you find the one in question.

Mike Beckwith

Guest Don Stone
1) On the Settings/Display/Aircraft dialogue there is a 2-D panel transparency slider. Moving the slider to the left should solve your problem.2) On the Settings/Controls/Buttons/Keys/Radios dialogue there is an entry for ADF 1 (ident on/off) which has been assigned to Ctrl + 5. You will find a number of other radio ident on/off entries listed there. All have been assigned to a Ctrl + number combination, but not all radios have been listed. If your radio has not been listed then just experiment with the Ctrl + number combinations until you find the one in question.
Many thanks for your prompt response and advice. Will now "fire up" FSX apply your suggestions. Will get back to you ASAP. Regards

Guest Don Stone
Many thanks for your prompt response and advice. Will now "fire up" FSX apply your suggestions. Will get back to you ASAP. Regards

Guest Don Stone

Gday again. The fix for the transparency of the panel worked fine. However, I couldn't succeed with changing the ADF settings. Will try again though so I'll keep my fingers crossed that I get it fixed eventually. I turned the cockpit environment slider to zero on Sound which allowed me to get my flight for today done without the constant beeping. Once again thankyou for your advice

However, I couldn't succeed with changing the ADF settings.
It may not be your ADF radio, Don. It could be your Marker beacon. The following entries are listed in the controls dialogue, but I remember from an incident several months ago that other Ctrl + number combos toggle all the other radio idents.Ctrl + 1 = VOR 1 ident (on/off)Ctrl + 2 = VOR 2 ident (on/off)Ctrl + 3 = Marker beacon ident (on/off)Ctrl + 4 = ?Ctrl + 5 = ADF 1 ident (on/off)Ctrl + 6 = ADF 2 ident (on/off)Ctrl + 7 = ?Ctrl + 8 = ?Ctrl + 9 = ?In the DC3 there are only the radios listed above (other than the COM radios), but if you still hear beeping after you've reset these ident switches then try the other Ctrl + number combos.

Mike Beckwith

However, I couldn't succeed with changing the ADF settings.
Don,If nothing else worked try changing the last digit in frequency of each radio receiver. Has worked for me.Hope this helps.JackD

Guest Don Stone

Gday...thanks for your comments and advice...they are greatly appreciated and have been used. It would appear that things are now working OK so will keep my fingers crossed. Once again many thanks. Regards Don S