Sign in to follow this  
captdini

Can I...?

Hi,I was just wondering if I can use the PMDG MD11 touchdown sounds and the Parking brake sound for the NG? As far as I am concerned, the MD11 sound package is the best made for any add-on, period! I never expected sound to "enhance" the simulation to such a large extent, but the MD11 has changed my perspective on this. Therefore, would love to have these 2 sounds to enhance the NG experience as well. And if so, how do I do that?Also, I know its highly premature, but I recall seeing a small screenie of the IRS panel for the new NG ages ago. Any chances of showing us anything further on this new NG being developed ?Thanks,Dinshaw.

You can use touch down sounds but most other sounds like parking brake wipers are all hard coded into the sim, however you can modify the wav files if you know what your doing, I have resampled all of mine to kill the reverb and add more bass.Rob

Rob Prest

Hey Rob,Thanks a lot, will give it a shot. With regards to the parking Brake, I was suspecting the same being hard-coded in the model. Thanks anyway,Cheers,Dinshaw.

Hey Dinshaw,Thanks for the kind comments! Rob is correct, you can transfer over default FS type sounds like touchdown sounds but not specifically programmed sounds like the parking brake set and release sounds. Always make backups of the files to be able to revert to default settings.Rob - its good that you like to reprocess the sounds to your personal tastes but there's one thing to look out for. We chose to use 22KHz/16bit wav files instead of the standard 44KHz/16bit because FS only uses the 22Khz/16bit standard. Any other sound file resolution is converted by FS to 22KHz/16bit "on the fly" which may put an extra burden on your CPU and may use more RAM / pagefile allocation - you may notice this in slower screen refresh rates when switching views between the cockpit and outside views.So I recommend keeping all files at 22KHz/16bit to avoid the extra load it places on your PC's performance.Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer