Sign in to follow this  
Guest GTAA

Wing Views

Guest GTAA

I posted a topic yesterday that was somehow taken off ther forum. I would appreciate a response please. In your Product details on the MD-11 page it says the following: "Wing Views - Enjoy your flight from different locations in and around the aircraft, including multiple views of the wings. " When I check the Panel View Options they are not there. I have a 2D and Virtual Cockpit but no Wing Views. Please letr me know how to obtain the views - as indicated on the page?Thank You

I posted a topic yesterday that was somehow taken off ther forum. I would appreciate a response please. In your Product details on the MD-11 page it says the following: "Wing Views - Enjoy your flight from different locations in and around the aircraft, including multiple views of the wings. " When I check the Panel View Options they are not there. I have a 2D and Virtual Cockpit but no Wing Views. Please letr me know how to obtain the views - as indicated on the page?Thank You
Only in FSX!Denis

Guest Evert2

Does anybody know if there is an addon for wingviews for the md-11 in FS9 (2004)? And does the FSX version also have an cabin view? In fs9 there isn't. Thanks!Evert

an addon for wingviews for the md-11 in FS9
Wing views must be modelled (here they are not) for you to see them as such. Unfortunatelly the PMDG team have chosen not to.However, there are some applications that will let you do some cheating. I'm using FS Recorder and have wing views set as additional spot views.Try this and it will let you see wings (same for the 744), although it's gonna be an outside view (you go there by cycling the 'S' key as usual).Best regards,Rafal

Guest GTAA

[size="5"]That is not what is advertised on the main page. Wing Views - Enjoy your flight from different locations in and around the aircraft, including multiple views of the wings. " PMDG should not charge $80 for a model that does not have the features advertised. The doors don't even open. Shame on PMDG. I am a loser for even paying for it. PMDG hasd chosen not to do it because they can't they don't know how. It is easier for them. Instead they berate people for requesting the wings by saying they are not real pilots. Not all of us are. Even for a novice the graphic quality of the 2D panel is a joke. The panel once again only has a few semi icons. This is a complete and total waste of money. Now watch how quickly they erase this thread - so unsuspecting potential consumers don't see the truth about this product. I's ask for my money back but they wouldn't give up a dime. They don't care aboiut integrity of their product or consumer input/criticisms - just money. That is why you can't contact them by phone. If PMDG decides to do the right thing, they should model Wing Views (like CLS) For 80 dollars USD (over 90 dollars CDN - which I stupidly paid) they should do it. SHAME [/size](quote name='Rafal' date='Jan 27 2009, 09:09 PM' post='1532805']Wing views must be modelled (here they are not) for you to see them as such. Unfortunatelly the PMDG team have chosen not to.However, there are some applications that will let you do some cheating. I'm using FS Recorder and have wing views set as additional spot views.Try this and it will let you see wings (same for the 744), although it's gonna be an outside view (you go there by cycling the 'S' key as usual).Best regards,Rafal

Guest lgvpilot1

If you are going to spend your hard earned money on anything it is worth reading the infoYOU read about the FSX versionAll you had to do was click on the "related link" MD11 for FS9,but seeing as you did not here is the pagehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages...9/md11_fs9.htmlIf you bought that aircraft for wingviews then If i were you I would check out Project opensky Mark

Now watch how quickly they erase this thread
Not signing with your name as this forum rules require (see pinned topic) is alone a reason for deleting your post. Furthermore, this is an anonymous post that is full of misleading and totally untrue statements, written in the most rude way. If this is not a reason for deleting a post, then I wonder what else it takes to justify a deletion? Here is some advise for you, or anyone else that jumps in the forums accusing about various things without taking the time to, at least, understand and confirm what they are talking about:
PMDG should not charge $80 for a model that does not have the features advertised.
Try reading the features list for the correct project you purchased (MD-11 fpor FS9) not a different one (MD-11 for FSX).
The doors don't even open.
Try reading the manuals and you will find out that all doors are modeled and fully functional
PMDG has chosen not to do it because they can't they don't know how.
Try reading relevant forum posts. The reason for not including wing views has been explained in detail 1000 times in this forum.
the 2D panel is a joke. The panel once again only has a few semi icons.
Try to express yourself clearly. I have no idea what are you talking about here. ALL cockpit parts are fully modeled and accessible in the 2D panel.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Even for a novice the graphic quality of the 2D panel is a joke. The panel once again only has a few semi icons. This is a complete and total waste of money.
Hi unamed!I know this much!....you haven't even opened the "Introduction Manual" since you talk about icons above.If you had, you wouldn't have been wroting that above.I guess you are one of those, throwing themselves up in the air, as quickly as they can. Well you can do that, with an simple ac like the MSFS defaults and many other simple ones.Don't expect to do so in a complex (nearly 100 real) aircraft like this. It demands that you read, learn, fly, read...... (training is the name)Do you think real Pilots are picked up on the street?You still could learn this aircraft, by at least reading the Introduction manual and the Tutorial before you make a flight. :( If you did......you could have a lifetime hobby./ Leffe

PMDG should not charge $80 for a model that does not have the features advertised. The doors don't even open. Shame on PMDG. I am a loser for even paying for it. PMDG hasd chosen not to do it because they can't they don't know how. It is easier for them. Instead they berate people for requesting the wings by saying they are not real pilots. Not all of us are. Even for a novice the graphic quality of the 2D panel is a joke. The panel once again only has a few semi icons. This is a complete and total waste of money. Now watch how quickly they erase this thread - so unsuspecting potential consumers don't see the truth about this product. I's ask for my money back but they wouldn't give up a dime. They don't care aboiut integrity of their product or consumer input/criticisms - just money. That is why you can't contact them by phone. If PMDG decides to do the right thing, they should model Wing Views (like CLS) For 80 dollars USD (over 90 dollars CDN - which I stupidly paid) they should do it. SHAMEWing views must be modelled (here they are not) for you to see them as such. Unfortunatelly the PMDG team have chosen not to.However, there are some applications that will let you do some cheating. I'm using FS Recorder and have wing views set as additional spot views.Try this and it will let you see wings (same for the 744), although it's gonna be an outside view (you go there by cycling the 'S' key as usual).
Rafal, seriously, talk about opening your mouth and putting your foot in it!! Come on, anyone who has sat down for a couple of hours, read the manuals, and successfully completed the tutorial knows that this is just a load of hogwash. There is simply NOT A MORE DETAILED MODEL AVAILABLE FOR MSFS. PERIOD. The complexity, reality, and INTEGRITY of the systems modeling is reason enough to charge $80. This took PMDG YEARS to model, and due to their dedication I will show them mine by paying that much. The 2D panel is the best I've ever seen - the links to all the other necessary panels are the smoothest I've ever seen. I can more easily fly the MD-11 with the 2D panel than any other aircraft I've purchased. I have most of the major products out there, INCLUDING CLS. The CLS A-340 is a decent model, yet nearly impossible to fly in VC because of the quality of the PFD's. And if you are only using an aircraft for the wing views this is simply not the product for you. The MD-11 is NOT a plane for a novice flight simmer. It requires dedication and training to figure out and master. I'm sorry that you feel that you have been ripped off, but the truth is down the road, when you get more time in Flight Simulator, you'll come back to the PMDG MD-11 and realize what a PHENOMENAL aircraft it is.Paul

Guest GTAA
Rafal, seriously, talk about opening your mouth and putting your foot in it!! Come on, anyone who has sat down for a couple of hours, read the manuals, and successfully completed the tutorial knows that this is just a load of hogwash. There is simply NOT A MORE DETAILED MODEL AVAILABLE FOR MSFS. PERIOD. The complexity, reality, and INTEGRITY of the systems modeling is reason enough to charge $80. This took PMDG YEARS to model, and due to their dedication I will show them mine by paying that much. The 2D panel is the best I've ever seen - the links to all the other necessary panels are the smoothest I've ever seen. I can more easily fly the MD-11 with the 2D panel than any other aircraft I've purchased. I have most of the major products out there, INCLUDING CLS. The CLS A-340 is a decent model, yet nearly impossible to fly in VC because of the quality of the PFD's. And if you are only using an aircraft for the wing views this is simply not the product for you. The MD-11 is NOT a plane for a novice flight simmer. It requires dedication and training to figure out and master. I'm sorry that you feel that you have been ripped off, but the truth is down the road, when you get more time in Flight Simulator, you'll come back to the PMDG MD-11 and realize what a PHENOMENAL aircraft it is.Paul
One simple question needs to be asked. If the FS9 model is not equal to the FSX model in terms of features.. why charge the same amount? I beg to differ that this is the best model out there -- by far. You guys don't even have the courtesy to respond to three emails to you support and refuse to take calls tells me you have noithing to say and that you can hide when someone challenges you. The truth is that you have a product that falsely advertises features ande MISLEADS. You are chraging the same for the FS9 model as you do for the FSX model - which has MORE features - including Wing Views. Since FSX is harder to work with fopr developers, it is amazing to me that you would take a little more time with ther FS9 model. No where does it say the FSX model has Wingviews and the FS9 does not. You are not even willing to build wing views into future updates. If youy really care about your customers, have Paul send me an email and I will give him my phone number. This is not right and you know it. This is not "Hogwash". Do the right thing here.

Guest lgvpilot1

Why would anyone advertise things they do not have Why dont you look at the links people have given you about the MD11 for fs9if you failed to read about the specs for the FS9 MD11 and bought it anyway then that is your problem

Since FSX is harder to work with fopr developers
Why dont you develop your own you are obviously very knowledeable about such things OR man up and confess you made a mistake and read the wrong specs on the aircraft you purchased and now you are trying to pass the blame You are the proud owner of the finest aircraft in the business, go learn to fly itMark

Guest juzzchillin

You spend 80 bucks to look at a 3-D wing and a low polygon count coffee pot in the galley? Shouldn't you spend your time in the cockpit?IMHO, it's kind of silly, showing this level of disappointment for such a minuscule thing, when we all should know that most of the money you're paying is for the advanced systems and aircraft simulation.I agree with the previous poster, there are plenty of freeware planes that give you all the eye candy that is irrelevant to flying a plane from the cockpit.

Hi,This is insane...!! If wing views are sooooooooo important then just get the bloody FSX version and fly that if you have not already. Try taking off with the wing view, program the FMC from Wing view, do the cockpit preparation from the wing view........and a myriad other things from the wing view.....maybe then it might hit you how "vital" the wing view is NOT...!! Your second post shows how impulsive you are....you were warned to sign your name after the first post....but obviously you did not read the warning and your second post here does not have you signing off with your name. Probably the same lack of reading which led you to believe that no doors open on the MD-11. So RTFM and RTF Rules already!Dinshaw.

Rafal, seriously, talk about opening your mouth and putting your foot in it!!
if you are only using an aircraft for the wing views this is simply not the product for you. The MD-11 is NOT a plane for a novice flight simmer. It requires dedication and training to figure out and master. I'm sorry that you feel that you have been ripped off, but the truth is down the road, when you get more time in Flight Simulator, you'll come back to the PMDG MD-11
What exactly dfo you mean? Sorry, I don't really get it.Best regards,Rafal

Rafal, I think Paul (taylorhockeyman) is suffering from a case of mistaken identity... :DIf you look at GTAA's second post, the childish "scream scream" one, you will see that GTAA quoted you. Your name is still in the quote, and I think Paul mistook you as being GTAA...Andrew