Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

Suggestions for a good Honolulu PHNL?

Hi,With all the stunningly beautiful airports we got over the past few years (FSDreamTeam, Aerosoft, FlyTampa, Imaginesim), my current version of Honolulu Intl, made by LAGO, seems to be outdated.Any suggestions for a good alternative? I've looked in the AvSim library, but didn't find anything that matches up to todays standards.Regards,Frank

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Hi,With all the stunningly beautiful airports we got over the past few years (FSDreamTeam, Aerosoft, FlyTampa, Imaginesim), my current version of Honolulu Intl, made by LAGO, seems to be outdated.Any suggestions for a good alternative? I've looked in the AvSim library, but didn't find anything that matches up to todays standards.Regards,Frank
Hi Frank I have been waiting for a long time for someone to make new phnl, I know that, the one who made the lago scenery. umberto from fsdreamteam has mentioned that he would like to make that project happen, but unforutaly they cant get enougth information to make the project. it would be a incredible scenery if done, if theres is anyone on this forum with allot of access to the airport and is able to get good photos then this scenery could become a reality for now Im using the old lago scenery. hopfully will see something in the future.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I don't see what's wrong with the Lago scenery? Nothing has changed since that one was done. I could see an FSX version.scott s..

I don't see what's wrong with the Lago scenery? Nothing has changed since that one was done. I could see an FSX version.scott s..
Its a good scenery but not up to today's standards with the kind of details we see on new sceneries like fsdt jfk kord uk2000s egll etc etc I'm not sure if anything has changed over at phnl since I haven't been there since 2000. but I do admit that its better to have Lagos version, then have the default scenery which is horrible.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I would love to see another version of Honolulu. The Lago scenery is ok, but PHNL could use a good update. The military side of honolulu (Hickam AFB) could be added and they could work on the GA side of the airport too.

If you want a realistic Honolulu check out this one - http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=72060 Don't forget your time machine though. :(
Yeah :( I noticed that one too, but I prefer to fly in the present time with present time heavy metal...So I guess that I have to stick with the LAGO version of PHNL. I don't understand why none of the current scenery developers hasn't picked it up. I would think there's ample market for a good PHNL version, or better yet, a good rendtion of the Hawaiian archipel including all airports (like the also somewhat outdated Aerosoft/Simwings Canary Islands)...Maybe Toni Agremont could have a look at it? It most definately would provide us with a more than acceptable freeware version :(Regards,Frank

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg