Sign in to follow this  
Guest mangaroca

A few general questions...

Guest mangaroca

Hi All,1. When I watch my previously recorded in-flight "approach and land" video NONE of the steering surfaces e.g. flaps, spoilers or even landing gear is recorded being extended... I have noticed that only the animations that begin DURING the recording are NOT present. The ones enabled before I started to record are visible... Why? Can this be fixed? How?2. Again, when watching a recorded video of my approach the external view "jumps" and "stutters" as if the camera was mounted on a horse! :) I'm sure this is NOT an FPS issue... Why? Can this be fixed? How?3. Is there a way to isolate the TrackIR 4 head viewing from the external view and allow the exeranal camera to only be moved by the mouse? I simply can't twist my head to see the front of my jet! :DBTW. I fly FSX with Service Pack 2...Thanks!

Guest jshyluk
Hi All,1. When I watch my previously recorded in-flight "approach and land" video NONE of the steering surfaces e.g. flaps, spoilers or even landing gear is recorded being extended... I have noticed that only the animations that begin DURING the recording are NOT present. The ones enabled before I started to record are visible... Why? Can this be fixed? How?2. Again, when watching a recorded video of my approach the external view "jumps" and "stutters" as if the camera was mounted on a horse! :) I'm sure this is NOT an FPS issue... Why? Can this be fixed? How?3. Is there a way to isolate the TrackIR 4 head viewing from the external view and allow the exeranal camera to only be moved by the mouse? I simply can't twist my head to see the front of my jet! :DBTW. I fly FSX with Service Pack 2...Thanks!
I'm not sure about #1, I don't think I understand your question.As for 2# what you are seeing isn't a "recording" of your flight, it's more of a "sampling". FSX keeps track of your events as you fly on a periodic basis, it's not continuous data. When it plays your replay file, the player "fills in the gaps" in between the data points. Sometimes that causes unusual animations, although what you are describing sounds radical. Horses mostly don't fly aircraft, as far as I know. There are three buttons built into the TrackIR software that you can use for greater control. I think the defaults are F10, F11, and F12, but I've re-mapped them a long time ago. One button disables the TrackIR. When that happens you regain FSX-style normal control over the camera. The other button automatically re-centers the view (very helpful!) and the third activates a "precise mode" that keeps your head movements to a minimum. This is in the TrackIR docs, so you can look it up and see if I am wrong here.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM
I'm not sure about #1, I don't think I understand your question.As for 2# what you are seeing isn't a "recording" of your flight, it's more of a "sampling". FSX keeps track of your events as you fly on a periodic basis, it's not continuous data. When it plays your replay file, the player "fills in the gaps" in between the data points. Sometimes that causes unusual animations, although what you are describing sounds radical. Horses mostly don't fly aircraft, as far as I know. There are three buttons built into the TrackIR software that you can use for greater control. I think the defaults are F10, F11, and F12, but I've re-mapped them a long time ago. One button disables the TrackIR. When that happens you regain FSX-style normal control over the camera. The other button automatically re-centers the view (very helpful!) and the third activates a "precise mode" that keeps your head movements to a minimum. This is in the TrackIR docs, so you can look it up and see if I am wrong here.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Not sure about your question, but are we talking about alt/options/replay?If yes, then all moving surfaces should move as recorded.Also, regarding 2: If you use the "Locked spot" view instead of the spot view, you'll get a stable image.

Bert

1) I've never recorded video with the Flight Video function, so I'm in the dark on that one! But if you're talking about the Instant Replay function then you'll find that it displays flap movements, gear extension and retraction, and the like. The Flight Video function samples the action according to the recording speed you enter in the dialogue, so if you enter a minimal sampling rate then it is possible that the sampling failed to recognise the actions you were expecting to see.2) Bert is right, external views should be from Locked Spot view.3) Jeff has re-mapped his TrackIR keys, so one of those he listed is incorrect. The default keys set by the TrackIR installer are: F9 - Toggle pause TrackIR function, and F12 - Reset eyepoint to front and centre.I hope this helps.

Mike Beckwith