Sign in to follow this  
tfm

ASA may not work with Windows 7

I have installed Windows 7 64-bit beta using the "upgrade" option over my Vista 64-bit installation to see whether it would fix the black screen problems with the PMDG (it doesn't). So far as I can tell, everything still works fine, EXCEPT ASA - which crashes nastily (I've had a couple of BSODs) or won't start. This is the RTM version of ASA: I haven't installed the ASA beta update.ActiveSky X, however, works fine.Obviously as Windows 7 is still in beta, I am not complaining: just giving a heads-up.Tim

Hi,Thanks for the heads up. I am sure a lot will change in the 1+ years before Windows 7 is released!Thanks,

Hi,Thanks for the heads up. I am sure a lot will change in the 1+ years before Windows 7 is released!Thanks,
Just another heads up...I am running Windows 7 Beta with ASA RTM (no ASA beta update installed) and it is working great for me. :(

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Just another heads up...I am running Windows 7 Beta with ASA RTM (no ASA beta update installed) and it is working great for me. :(
Thanks: that tells me something's amiss with my setup. Time for a fresh installation perhaps.Tim

Thanks: that tells me something's amiss with my setup. Time for a fresh installation perhaps.
Tim - I've seen other "does/doesn't" discussions about bits of software elsewhere and sometimes it's come down to one person was using 64-bit and one using 32-bit, also differences in how installations were done and of course hardware makes a difference since there may be driver issues with one and not the other. You explained how you installed which version, others need to be equally clear before trying to draw direct comparisons.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

For anyone interested: I did not need to do a complete re-install. I just installed the ASA beta update instead. This seems to have fixed it and ASA now works on my system under Windows 7 beta.Tim